Results 7 to 12 of 12
07-12-2012 02:23 AM #7SatelliteGuys Junkie
- Join Date
- Jul 4th, 2006
- Post Thanks / Like
- Thread Starter
Thanks for all the helpful comments JohnnyNobody and guys. Got the Encription working with the new Router using WPA and AES. Key info re JohnnyNobody was that the Paraphrase on AzBox Internet setup had to be Lower Case & I had it previously set to Upper Case on the Trendnet Router settings. Also with the new FW just released by Pwr Surge for the AzBox, the Wireless Internet Connection has never been faster ie up to 1.5MHz (with my new Internet Provider) and the Speeds are extremely fast on You Tube, great stuff - thanks all.
08-16-2012 06:53 PM #8
I messed up my AzBox and needed to reload the firmware. When I reloaded off a USB drive, I found the wireless would not work just as described above.
I tried rolling back from 5402 to 5309 and back to 5402 and could not get wireless to connect. The box would see my network but would not connect. I could not get DHCP or static IP to connect. The symptom was like my password was wrong but it was not.
What finally worked for me was to fill in a static IP, mask, DNS and gateway as I had many, many times. I used my DNS 1 server of 192.168.1.1 but instead of using 0.0.0.0 for DNS 2 I used the Google DNS of 184.108.40.206. It connected right up and has worked since.
Coincidence? Maybe. But for anyone having wireless connectivity issue, this is worth a try. Don't leave DNS 2 at the default 0.0.0.0.
08-17-2012 05:46 PM #9Azbox Elite and Ultra (both 5402 firmware), microHD, 4DTV DSR922/HDD-200 (non-bricked 4160 EMM), Paraclipse-12 with C2, KTI CKD-12 w/DMX741, WS9036/DMX521/SG9120, Sony Bravia 46", Sony BluRay models BDP-S360 and BDP-S570, Onkyo 6.1 Amplifier, D-Link MovieNite, too many remote controls.
08-18-2012 08:55 AM #10
Thanks, johnnynobody. I'll play around with the settings and see what impact they have.
I actually do not use the AzBox for YouTube or browser functions anyway; just FTA reception. So since my access is only local FTP to manage the three key files, the DNS tied to local router has never been a performance issue. The thing that made me move from the ISP DNS is the annoying habit mine has of changing the IP addresses without warning.
That said, there is no reason to not optimize network performance so I'll give the changes suggested a shot. ;-). Regardless of what DNS is used, I still found that I needed both DNS addresses filled in to get wireless to work with AzBox after doing an application area format and firmware reload.
Last edited by wbarrett; 08-18-2012 at 09:25 AM.
08-18-2012 10:08 PM #11Azbox Elite and Ultra (both 5402 firmware), microHD, 4DTV DSR922/HDD-200 (non-bricked 4160 EMM), Paraclipse-12 with C2, KTI CKD-12 w/DMX741, WS9036/DMX521/SG9120, Sony Bravia 46", Sony BluRay models BDP-S360 and BDP-S570, Onkyo 6.1 Amplifier, D-Link MovieNite, too many remote controls.
08-20-2012 05:51 PM #12