Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WatchESPN and ESPN3 Access

Post Thanks / Like

WatchESPN and ESPN3 Access

I apologize for a new post on this but the previous posts did not seem to answer my question. Does anyone know if Dish and ESPN have discussed providing Dish Network customers access to WatchESPN and ESPN3? In the past, ESPN3 access was based on if your ISP ponied up the cash to ESPN to allow access. Now, with WatchESPN, it is primarily based on if you subscribe to a TV package with the ESPN channels. You log in through the WatchESPN app or webpage with your TV/Internet Account credentials and you get access to whatever your corresponding TV package is. I see no reason, other than cost, that Dish could not do this now. Currently, my options for this are only Comcast which is expensive.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    As long as DISH and DISNEY are still in a lawsuit then I see no new features being added to the DISNEY owned channels.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point! Is there any light at the end of the lawsuit tunnel?

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    Wish I knew the answer to that... we could REALLY use some good exciting news in the DISH programming Department.

I remember DISH CEO Joe Clayton saying at CES that this was a NEW DISH. But from everything that is going on it looks like the same old DISH to me.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I used to be a Dish customer and the only thing keeping me from coming back is: 1. lack of whole house DVR and 2. ESPN3... They solved the first one and if they can figure out the second I'd be a Dish customer again. Hopefully, Disney and Dish both come to their senses... But I probably shouldn't hold my breath...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brad880 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I used to be a Dish customer and the only thing keeping me from coming back is: 1. lack of whole house DVR and 2. ESPN3... They solved the first one and if they can figure out the second I'd be a Dish customer again. Hopefully, Disney and Dish both come to their senses... But I probably shouldn't hold my breath...
    I get ESPN3 from my ISP. Now I don't get WatchESPN, but I do have a sling adapter connected to my Dish receiver. That has allowed me to watch espn (and espn2 etc.) on my tablet. Sure, it's not as fancy as Watch ESPN, but I almost like this way better. It has allowed me to flip over to another game when ESPN was on commercial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast