Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopper/Joey network connection

Post Thanks / Like

Hopper/Joey network connection

I currently have a setup with 1 Hopper and 2 Joey's. Currently everything is connected via a Hopper Internet Connector but I have ethernet cables to all the different locations and would prefer to get rid of the HIC and just go with a direct connect. Question is there any benefit or problem with connecting the Joey's as well as the Hopper? I've read previously that everything will work with just the Hopper connected but that I need to direct-connect the Joey's if I want to use DLNA features. I've also read that if I direct connect the Joey's it can cause problems. Not sure what the right answer is.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    go with one of these in the OP: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-z...ey-system.html

HIC owners have avoided a lot of issues that others have been having since it's a dedicated bridge. Not sure why you'd want to get rid of it after seeing this topic: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-z...ck-issues.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Just test it with one direct connection to a Hopper. If all OK ,you are set. 213 software enabled bridging in the Hopper. It looks like 215 starts with Hopper bridging off, but if it was working under 213, you can turn it back on.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no benefits gained from direct connecting every receiver vs a HIC (hopper internet connector). And bridging from hopper seems to be in beta stages as far as I'm concerned, causing too many issues. I would personally stick with the HIC until bridging is more stable.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Poke did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Poke did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Poke did! Be COOL like Poke and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah HIC to me the way to go it's easy to setup up so forth..
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! karspur did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, karspur did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, karspur did! Be COOL like karspur and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Putting in the HIC solved all of my problems that I had with 213. Fixed Hoppers and Joeys both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast