Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Can't get channel 2 WBBM Chicago

Post Thanks / Like

Can't get channel 2 WBBM Chicago

I can't get channel 2 Chicago .We tried every direction all other stations are fine.Channel 2 I am told is a VHF station. They installed a square shooter ant.Can anyone help I talked to VOOM and they gave me the ok but the installer say's the only antenna that may work is 8 feet long.Can I install a inside antenna myself or does anyone from Chicago have any ideas I live in Homer Glen,IL..Thank You

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the square shooter is UHF only. Is channel 2 the digital channel or do they broadcast the digital signal for analog channel 2 on a different RF? Check antennaweb.org to find out the correct RF. If the RF is channel 2 then you will need a VHF antenna that will be about 8 feet long. In NYC where I am, only one digital channel was broadcasting on a VHF and that was on RF channel 12 which is the shortest "arm" on a VHF antenna but it is still about 3 ft. If you find out that you only need to pick up one VHF channel and not all the VHFs that are broadcasting analog then you can look for a "cut antenna" which is an antenna designed to pick up only one VHF channel.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! philhu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, philhu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, philhu did! Be COOL like philhu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    antennacentral.com has a vhf wbbm special antenna for chicago people

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You

Thanks I'm Going To Try To Get The Install Approved For A V4 Mkii With A Uhf/vhf Combiner.