Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount joey behind TV?

Post Thanks / Like

Mount joey behind TV?

I have read that the Joey is small enough to mount behind your TV but I was wondering if anybody has done it? Anybody have pictures of a Joey mounted behind the TV?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is dropped down behind a dresser in a bedroom, in a closet of another bedroom. If its rf remote concerns. They work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most flat screens have 4 screw holes on the back for mounting brackets. On smaller TV's, the 4 holes match up with the holes on the Joey's base plate and you can screw the base plate to the back of the TV. Larger TV's the holes are spaced further apart, on these I use one of the top corners of the base plate. If TV is mounted, I ziptie the baseplate to the mounting bracket with the ziptie going vertically in the middle of the baseplate.

Be sure and find the word 'horizontal' on the baseplate and have it be the top, so the Joey slides down onto it and won't fall off it. And the joeys come with 4 screws for mounting to TV's or walls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker James View Post
    Mine is dropped down behind a dresser in a bedroom, in a closet of another bedroom. If its rf remote concerns. They work great.
    It's my understanding that all of the remotes talk only to the Hopper anyway.
    Can someone verify this ?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually you turn the Joey on and off with the remote.
    Bobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFPope View Post
    It's my understanding that all of the remotes talk only to the Hopper anyway.
    Can someone verify this ?
    Remotes talk to the device they are paired with. A joey remote talks to the joey only, not the hopper.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast