Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Dish Customer with New Hopper Problems/Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Old Dish Customer with New Hopper Problems/Questions

I was a Dish customer for years before I switched to Directv. When I switched to Direct I immediately regretted it because their DVR was SO slow, especially the 30 second skip button. Dish's 30 second skip was blazingly fast and I really missed that because I use it a lot. Last week, after three years with Direct, I switched back to Dish for the Hopper and was disappointed to find that the Hopper's 30 second skip button is slower than Directv's! Is this a common problem or could something be wrong with my DVR?

Another even more annoying and pressing problem happens about once every two hours of recorded tv watching. When I fast forward or rewind a show, my audio will completely go away, and the only way I've found to fix the problem is to turn off my home theater receiver (not the Hopper) and then turn it back on. I shouldn't have to do that, right? Even if it's only once every few hours, that's still an unnecessary hassle. Could the two issues be related somehow?

Other than these problems I REALLY love my Hopper. Unfortunately, these are pretty big issues...especially the second one. If anyone has any fixes I can try or knows of any fixes that Dish is working on, I'd be a very happy Dish customer again!

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! oldengineer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, oldengineer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, oldengineer did! Be COOL like oldengineer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen these specific problems in either of my Hoppers. 30 sec skip and 10 sec reverse are very fast. They're a little slower on the Joeys but still much faster than I had with my D* HR21 and H21 with their MRV.

I don't have any problems with audio going away but closed captioning does disappear frequently after FF.

Your installation should be guaranteed for 30 days.
    2H/2J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    I haven't seen these specific problems in either of my Hoppers. 30 sec skip and 10 sec reverse are very fast. They're a little slower on the Joeys but still much faster than I had with my D* HR21 and H21 with their MRV.

I don't have any problems with audio going away but closed captioning does disappear frequently after FF.

Your installation should be guaranteed for 30 days.
    Darn, I was hoping it wasn't just me!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had no problems with the skip buttons, very fast. I haven't had any HDMI audio problems. I sounds like your audio receiver is losing the HDMI handshake for some reason.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Scherrman did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Scherrman did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Scherrman did! Be COOL like Scherrman and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Herky_T_Hawkeye
    I went from a 622 to a 922 and now to the Hopper and I haven't seen the skip button slow down at all. Haven't had the audio problem either, not sure what the problem could be.
    If you are signing up for Dish please consider using one of my referrals
    TMR155082598 / AHP067673556 / AHP060706106
    To redeem the code go to
    http://tinyurl.com/dishreferralor you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. GO HAWKS!

Hopper with Sling and EHD on Samsung 58" Plasma
    Hopper on JVC 70" HDILA
    Mirrored to JVC 37" LCD
    Joey on Emerson 32" LCD
    Joey on LG 26" LCD
    211z with Tailgater

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have an amp via HDMI and have noticed the audio sometimes is gone after a skip forward or backward, but it will come back after a few seconds - maybe 6-8, or stop and restart and it's there. Yeah, an HDMI handshake glitch, I beleive. As for skipping forward or back, I have no problem with the Hopper, but the joey I use the most sometimes, will not skip forward, it looks like it worked, but the program just continues where it was. Susequent button pushes sometimes work, sometimes locks up the system and requires a reset. Obviously the software is closely allied with MIcrosoft!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast