Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopper Smart Card compatible with ViP211k or ViP222k???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa8 View Post
    No such thing as taking a smart card from a Dish receiver and have it work in another one. Does the Hopper even have a removable smart card?

First choice is correct.
    Second choice is to buy your own 211K receiver (not use a leased one) and then Dish will allow you to add it to your account. It can be used in the RV, not in the home.
    Thanks for all of the info, guys - - I really appreciate it. In response to boba's comment, yes, he did get me as a customer. I should have known that salesmen will always be salesmen first, and truth tellers second! Live and learn...

I'm probably going to buy a 211k receiver (or hopefully a 222k receiver, if possible) and activate it on a part-time basis.

Thanks again for the QUICK replies, everyone!!

flubberducky

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    my 2 hoppers came with a G4 card in the card slot, same as this topic:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-for...pper-joey.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachme...1&d=1331746102

these cards can't be used with any other receivers, after the authorization the card can only be used with the receiver you authorized to
    Last edited by manteca; 08-05-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: card photo link added

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ViP222 is NOT an option. You don't want it anyway. Not the most successful Dish receiver and it cannot be made into a DVR.

Your only option is the ViP211 or ViP211K. Go with the K.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    All Hoppers (so far) come with G4 smart cards. ViP receivers bought or refurbished in 2009 or later have built-in (internal) G3 smart cards. No smart cards are interchangeable with other receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by sparc View Post
    Even the joey has a smaller slot on the side that's covered by removable panel. Not sure what function the slot serves for the joey right now though.
    That slot is a SIM card slot for future use. Basically a smaller version of the typical Dish smart card.
    Last edited by 3HaloODST; 08-05-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey 1.0 (all receivers can see each other)

1 ViP722k (separate account)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the information, guys.

Now that you've pointed me in the right direction regarding receivers, I need to find out if the dish that came with our motorhome (built back in 2002) is compatible with a vip211k. It's a Winegard model, and it's either an RM-46DE/00DE, an RM-04DE, or an RM-FL4D (from the cover of the owners manual. I haven't had a chance to climb up on top to verify which one it is). All I know is that it is cranked up and down from inside, and it has the "Digital Magic" elevation sensor/indicator.

I remember reading on another thread that it is possible to use an older dish with some of the new HD receivers, but I want to make sure that my particular model will work.

Any thoughts/advice??

Thanks,

flubberducky

Post Thanks / Like
    Although there may be problems with specific receivers, the 211 is a single tuner receiver and should work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast