Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any clue why two ethernet jacks

Post Thanks / Like

Any clue why two ethernet jacks

Any clue why the hopper might have two ethernet ports. I would love it if both could be used, one to access the internet and the other your local lan. I don't have the greatest internet bandwitch and would get two connections if i could figure out a way to make the hopper use one for on-demand but would like it to use other for sling when i am at home.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you're at home Sling uses your LAN to stream the video.
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by n0qcu View Post
    When you're at home Sling uses your LAN to stream the video.
    You missed my point entirely. If i got a 2nd dsl connection and hooked it to the hopper and left my 1st dsl connection hooked to my home lan (iphones, ipads, computers, tv's, printers, etc), the hopper and my lan would be connected only by the internet. Thus if i was sitting in my house and used my ipad to access hopper it would not be going over my lan as it would not be hooked ot my lan, unless it was via the 2nd ethernet port.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that would confuse the Hopper system.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navychop
    I think that would confuse the Hopper system.
    I agree. I really was not expecting this to work, but was wondering what the designers had in mind when they decided to put two Ethernet jacks on the box.

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    It was supposed to be used for a passthrough. So if you only had one ethernet connection in a room you could plug it in to the Hopper yet still have a free ethernet connection to hook to comething else.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast