Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Right now I hate Directv. Error code 775

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, so I assume connecting directly from splitter wouldn't work. I was hoping to eliminate lnb.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

raoul5788 is offline Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need the power inserter to run the lnb correctly.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Post Thanks / Like
    makes sense. the power outage must have caused whatever problem I'm having. power inserter doesn't seem to be problem. is it possible for lnb to go bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of curiosity, I checked the voltage coming out of the power inserter. both, the new and old one are 20.7 volts (guess that means I didn't need to buy one). I measured it at the LNB and it was 20.6. so voltage is making it out there, so no breaks. I also confirmed the wire coming from the splitter with voltage is connected to red. does this mean bad LNB?
    Last edited by gflande1; 08-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gflande1
    Out of curiosity, I checked the voltage coming out of the power inserter. both, the new and old one are 20.7 volts (guess that means I didn't need to buy one). I measured it at the LNB and it was 20.6. so voltage is making it out there, so no breaks. I also confirmed the wire coming from the splitter with voltage is connected to red. does this mean bad LNB?
    It could be a bad LNB. Try hooking the line that is running from the dish directly to your power supply and then from there to the 34 or 21. 775 is directv's new 771a code for the 34. Why the changed it is beyond me. By hooking straight from LNB to power inserter to receiver we can by pass the switch and see if we have issues there

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch1814 View Post
    It could be a bad LNB. Try hooking the line that is running from the dish directly to your power supply and then from there to the 34 or 21. 775 is directv's new 771a code for the 34. Why the changed it is beyond me. By hooking straight from LNB to power inserter to receiver we can by pass the switch and see if we have issues there
    sorry, I'm new to this. is the switch the SWiM splitter outside? if so, I connected the coax coming from dish to the powered "red" wire. reset power inserter, then HR34, no change

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast