Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish Rated as Worst Company to Work For by Employees

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Aidan8et
    Lets not discount those of us that are NOT dish employees (rsp, independant, etc). While I only work with dish & exede equipment as an rsp, dish still looks at us like an ugly red headed step child when it comes to anything relating to employees. We handle our own fleet of vehicles (or povs for the unlucky), our own benefits, insurance, wages, bonuses (if any), discounts as dish techs (read, none) but still have to maintain the same hours, standards, & numbers as "actual" employees least we risk losing it all (dish also holds the rights to perform background checks on us even tho we're not on their rolls).
    Still, I do enjoy my work & hit all my numbers. I feel confident if I ever moved to an area covered by dish techs, I'd be able to find employment there.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Working in the service industry with the ever changing landscape of who celebrates what holidays dictates that Christmas for some customrrs is just another day off possibly a great day for that person to have services installed. Even if you celebrate Christmas if your system is broken how are you gonna watch "A Christmas Story". Therefore Holidays are a must. Do I like that I will probably have to work on Christmas no, but I accepted that as part of the terms of my employment when I signed on. The dish employment system is not for everybody we are held to crazy high standards that are hard to meet. I look at it as challange each month to be an A tech. In the last 6 months working for I have learned more how to manipulate the system than I have learned how to install dish(I learned how to do that here on Sat guys anyway). I get perturbed by the "everything is the Techs fault" notion. If you can accept that and work within the system than its a good job that pays decent money.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! satjay did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, satjay did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, satjay did! Be COOL like satjay and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: michjay74
    I was just going to bring up the retail Christmas working. You see so many stores open now it's almost normal

My coworkers and I have already started taking about how soon we will start to see christmas stuff at stores now now that August is wrapping up and we move into september

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dare2be did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dare2be did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dare2be did! Be COOL like dare2be and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satjay View Post
    I was just going to bring up the retail Christmas working. You see so many stores open now it's almost normal

My coworkers and I have already started taking about how soon we will start to see christmas stuff at stores now now that August is wrapping up and we move into september
    No pun intended, right?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! whitewolf8214 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, whitewolf8214 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, whitewolf8214 did! Be COOL like whitewolf8214 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not hard to believe the way they drop channels,lawsuits etc

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! GaryPen did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, GaryPen did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, GaryPen did! Be COOL like GaryPen and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure the issue, form the employee perspective, is not that some employees have to work on Christmas. It's how those employees are chosen, and how they are compensated. If those are done fairly, then there would be no valid reason to complain. If not, then they have justification, and certainly the right.
    FYI:
    -It's "couldn't care less", not "could care less".
    -It's "would've", "should've", and "could've", not "would of", "should of", and "could of".
    -It's "voila!", not "walla!" (That's right. You've been speaking French all this time.)
    -The first word in each sentence should be capitalized.
    -A period goes at the end of each sentence.
    -Commas are also a good idea, on occasion.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast