Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Hopper remote

Post Thanks / Like

Hopper remote

I have The Hopper and just purchased a Westinghouse vp 4090 HD TV... the Hopper remote will not recognize the TV,...does anyone have the code for his TV,..or a way to force the Hopper remote to sync?,...

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sunwshpr View Post
    I have The Hopper and just purchased a Westinghouse vp 4090 HD TV... the Hopper remote will not recognize the TV,...does anyone have the code for his TV,..or a way to force the Hopper remote to sync?,...
    Use the 'Learning' function. The Hopper remote will copy whatever commands you select from the Westinghouse remote. They have to be input one-by-one, though.

http://www.mydish.com/support/40-remote

Last edited by jarvantgroup; 08-19-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! satnewb did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, satnewb did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, satnewb did! Be COOL like satnewb and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a 2h/3j install yesterday and had 2 westinghouse tv's that programmed without issue. Did you use the on screen remote programming feature? You also have the option of entering the specific manufacturer and model # into the system.

Post Thanks / Like
    If my Hopper ever broke, could I transfer my settings and timers to the new Hopper via the old remote?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no codes for that model built in to the remote, so you'll have to learn as the other poster said.

Yes, you can transfer your settings from one hopper to another via the 40.0 remote.