Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: hopper update time

Post Thanks / Like

hopper update time

Can you change the software update time on hopper?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SatelliteGuys sweet app

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet. I really hope Dish adds this feature back... Even the 922 has that option... Dish, please add this (and manual timers) back! While we're at it also the ability to password protect recordings and view recording deletion history... Why downgrade any features that the old ViPs have?
    2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey 1.0 (all receivers can see each other)

1 ViP722k (separate account)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3HaloODST
    Not yet. I really hope Dish adds this feature back... Even the 922 has that option... Dish, please add this (and manual timers) back! While we're at it also the ability to password protect recordings and view recording deletion history... Why downgrade any features that the old ViPs have?
    I agree dish needs to add all of those features to the hopper.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was having trouble with the hopper wanting to do software updates around 3:30 in the mornings, right when my wife gets up to go to work and wants to watch tv . So I had to set a daily timer for channel 101 from 3:30 am to 4:30 am. So now it has to update any time before the 3:30 am or after 4:30 am. It's the only way I can still get updates and please the wife too. Would be easier if you could set the time you want it to update, like on older receivers.

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    No way to change it yet. The Hopper data only spools at night. This data contains all the guide data, artwork etc to make the Hopper work.

I have heard they are working to add a 24/7 Hopper data feed as well as making the hopper grab that data and updates using a free tuner instead of forcing the Hopper off each night.

No ETA on when this will happen though.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski
    No way to change it yet. The Hopper data only spools at night. This data contains all the guide data, artwork etc to make the Hopper work.

I have heard they are working to add a 24/7 Hopper data feed as well as making the hopper grab that data and updates using a free tuner instead of forcing the Hopper off each night.

No ETA on when this will happen though.
    Guessing the 922 has a different "data stream" then? You can set the nightly reboot time on the 922, what does Hopper do differently?
    2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey 1.0 (all receivers can see each other)

1 ViP722k (separate account)