Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Dish 500 pointing/alignment Instructions

Post Thanks / Like

Dish 500 pointing/alignment Instructions

Since I need to move my dish, can anyone point me to a document that has instructions on how to realign a Dish 500 dish for the 110/119 birds. I am considering the purchase of another Dish 500 to point at the Canadian Nimiq birds. Will I get sufficient signal hear in Albuquere, NM, using a Dish 500, to receive the DBS Nimiq birds? Any imformation on aligning a dish to the Nimiq birds would also be greatly appreciated. I plan to connect my FTA receiver to this additional Dish 500 dish.

Thanks Very Much
    Regards
    Ron

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Dishpointer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Dishpointer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Dishpointer did! Be COOL like Dishpointer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Iceburg is better suited to answer this question for you.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cdru did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cdru did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cdru did! Be COOL like cdru and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out this thread. The 2nd poster gave great instructions on how to align a dish. The information is oriented towards a Dish500 antenna using Dish satellites, but the idea would be the same for any type of dish. Skew is only a consideration for multi-lnb (eleptical) dishes or LNBs that receive a H/V polarity. Also azimuth and elevation would obviously need to be obtained for which ever satellite you are trying to acquire.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jared Twomey did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jared Twomey did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jared Twomey did! Be COOL like Jared Twomey and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's your zipcode, i'll get you the elevation and skew settings for your dish 500...
    Then mount the mast, and get it as absolutely level as possible, then have someone watch the screen, and slow move it side to side until you get a signal... or go buy a cheap meter somewhere and do it a lil easier...

Post Thanks / Like

Dish Network 500 Alignment

Quote Originally Posted by rrolsbe View Post
    Since I need to move my dish, can anyone point me to a document that has instructions on how to realign a Dish 500 dish for the 110/119 birds. I am considering the purchase of another Dish 500 to point at the Canadian Nimiq birds. Will I get sufficient signal hear in Albuquere, NM, using a Dish 500, to receive the DBS Nimiq birds? Any imformation on aligning a dish to the Nimiq birds would also be greatly appreciated. I plan to connect my FTA receiver to this additional Dish 500 dish.

Thanks Very Much
    Regards
    Ron
    It seems like DN500 info. is getting hard to find. DN wants to drive business to their affiliate installers.

This site helps any DIY Dish Network installer.

Satellite dish look angle pointer calculator