Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! msmith198025 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, msmith198025 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, msmith198025 did! Be COOL like msmith198025 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

Lots of interest in this one on both sides it appears.

We would love to have you come discuss it at sonicbabble. Tell us what you think.

www.sonicbabble.com

You might even see a friendly name or two from sat guys there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Yespage did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Yespage did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Yespage did! Be COOL like Yespage and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Man View Post
    As I said a well informed opinion is a well researched one. I will painstakingly listen to both Liberal and Conservative talk.
    ??? That'd seem like a ridiculous idea. That'd be like trying to get a good take on religion by listening to extremist Zionists in Israel and extremist Muslims in Iran. NPR is almost the exclusive place on the radio where you can get a great sense of liberal and conservative viewpoints. Listening to liberal or conservative radio is a waste of time because: 1) it is probably 1 part content to 2 parts commericials and news reports and 2) no actual in depth discussion on subjects, only judgmental trash. Listening to Schultz is about as painful as listening to Limbaugh.

As an Independent, each side brings something to the table.
    That is a false equivalency, at least as far as AM Radio is concerned. Having an opinion doesn't mean it is a justified opinion. You can't give creationism equal time in the science classroom merely because all opinions are supposedly equal.
    We just need to sift through there garbage to get that nugget of sense making.
    Hence cut the garbage, listen to NPR "Diane Rehm Show" and "Talk of the Nation" where you'll have qualified intelligent libs and conservatives talking about a particular issue for an hour. Too much time to saturate with sound bites, distortions, and lies.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if someone is liberal or conservative. What matters is how they get their information and how diametrically opposed to conflicting data they are. The Glenn Beck channel is made for only one type of person, someone that wants to be told something very specific. In the Information Age, there is no excuse for such a channel.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! eurosport did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, eurosport did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, eurosport did! Be COOL like eurosport and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rklimaszewski View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, there is a Spitzer (Current) vs. Beck (Blaze) photo on Dish's home page relating to election coverage.

Attachment 80942

http://www.dish.com/redirects/promotion/theblaze/

Wow! ....Battle of the "live from my garage studio" Stars! LOL!!!!

Planet X -my new station, coming soon to an interweb near YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Pepper did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Pepper did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Pepper did! Be COOL like Pepper and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yespage View Post
    ... is made for only one type of person, someone that wants to be told something very specific. In the Information Age, there is no excuse for such a channel.
    That statement applies equally to everything in Dish's 2xx channel range, and most of the rest of them as well. Were you saying the same thing when Current, FSTV, MSNBC, FoxNews, et al were added?

By the way, I've got almost every episode of when he was on Fox stored on several EHDs. Since they all have exactly the same description (thanks Dish!) the thought of actually trying to watch any of them looking for anything in particular would be ludicrous. There was a lot of good information contained in those programs and it made me think and do massive amounts of research on my own. If not for Beck I would probably never have picked up "The 5000 Year Leap" or the Federalist Papers. No other guy on TV has done that for me, with the exception of David Jeremiah, but I was reading the Bible already anyway.

Perhaps it is time for a mass purge of stuff I'll never have time to watch again.
    Last edited by Pepper; 09-13-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    My dogs pepper & graci - for sale: this domain
    dish: ViP622 DVR L711RBDD-N (BS1731), AT250HD+BB+Mobile/Pensacola, 1K4 EA
    FTA: microHD, P* on SG2100(30W-123W-Ku), SuperDish on 125W-Ku, 39in ChannelMaster on 103W-Ku, Coolsat 7100 in closet
    LG 55LW5300 3Dtv, Sony STR-DH520 7.1 AV, SlingBox classic, AppleTV2

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Yespage did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Yespage did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Yespage did! Be COOL like Yespage and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    That statement applies equally to everything in Dish's 2xx channel range, and most of the rest of them as well. Were you saying the same thing when Current, FSTV, MSNBC, FoxNews, et al were added?
    1) Not equally. That is a Moore-Coulter false equivalency.
    2) MSNBC is a tabloid news channel and pretty much worthless, except for emergency reporting. More importantly MSNBC and CNN are about ratings and generating revenue, and very little about decent news and issue coverage. They are driven by profit... while Fox is driven by a flat out political agenda.
    3) "were added"? They have been around for a while, so it'd been hard to complain recently about them being in the lineup (thankfully I don't pay for MSNBC or Fox, though do get CNN which is at least decent during elections, though these days it seems better to just go online instead of watch a dozen commentators try to make their opinions seem important). I think Current is what Newsworld International became... which was a dark day.

Beck's channel will be Fox News without the pretense of pretending to care about objectivity. There is no liberal equivalent to this sort of channel, nor should there be.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dahenny did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dahenny did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dahenny did! Be COOL like dahenny and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rklimaszewski View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, there is a Spitzer (Current) vs. Beck (Blaze) photo on Dish's home page relating to election coverage.

Attachment 80942

http://www.dish.com/redirects/promotion/theblaze/

Dish will be staging a debate between Beck and Current’s Eliot Spitzer before the first presidential debate on Oct. 2

Check out the last several sentences in the article:
    http://2http://www.multichannel.com/...uto-hop/133525

Think You Might Sign Up for DISH? How about using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    WOOT WOOT!!!

ADG124528153 / ADP0019984041 / LAT086769667

To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast