Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost comparison Hopper and 2 Joeys vs 722k and 222k

Post Thanks / Like

Cost comparison Hopper and 2 Joeys vs 722k and 222k

I searched but couldn't find my exact question.

I currently have a 722k (2 tuners to 1 HDTV) and 222k (1 tuner to HDTV in HD and 1 tuner to HDTV in SD)
    I pay $6 for DVR service and $14 for the 222k = $20 a month

If I switch to 1 Hopper/2 Joeys I will have the ability to watch HD content on all 3 of TVs which is a plus, but how much more a month will this cost me?

I think it would be $6 for DVR, $4 for Whole Home DVR, and $7 x 2 or $14 for the 2 Joeys so a total of $24 a month.

Is this correct and would I be losing a tuner? Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. And Yes.

Try for a 2 Hopper 1 Joey configuration. Same monthly cost to you, maybe an extra hundred up front, but you'd have 6 actual sat tuners. And the greater capabilities. If Dish won't do it, find a retailer who will.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, Dish changed the Hopper fees, instead of $6 dvr and $4 Whole Home fee, they now just quote $10 dvr fee. And yes you will lose one tuner unless the majority of your recording of Prime Time programing or if you use the pip on the 722 you may want to go with the 2 Hopper 1 Joey setup. It will cost more to upgrade, but your monthly receiver fees would both be $24.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! satjay did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, satjay did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, satjay did! Be COOL like satjay and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: michjay74
    Another nice tidbit with a two hopper/ one Joey system is since you can access recordings among each hopper I have Prime time anytime turned off on one of my hoppers Which frees a tuner, but if I want to watch sometime on that hopper from Prime time anytime I just grab it from the other hopper

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Scherrman did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Scherrman did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Scherrman did! Be COOL like Scherrman and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Herky_T_Hawkeye
    Be aware that you are going from 4 tuners to 3 tuners now. You may have the same amount of TVs connected but you'll have one less tuner to record on.
    If you are signing up for Dish please consider using one of my referrals
    TMR155082598 / AHP067673556 / AHP060706106
    To redeem the code go to
    http://tinyurl.com/dishreferralor you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. GO HAWKS!

Hopper with Sling and EHD on Samsung 58" Plasma
    Hopper on JVC 70" HDILA
    Mirrored to JVC 37" LCD
    Joey on Emerson 32" LCD
    Joey on LG 26" LCD
    211z with Tailgater

Post Thanks / Like
    Dish is telling me that I can't do a 2 hopper 1 joey setup?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast