Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: DISH Launches dishNET Broadband

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scherrman

dishNET is both Hughesnet and Exede. They both have the same dish now and all the equipment will now be branded as dishNET. Installers will either put in a Hughsnet or Exede modem depending on the location or spotbeam availability.
    Actually dishNet is hughesnet says so on all the trias totally different looking than the excede trias the new trias are about the size of a big Mac and the dishNet dish is about the size of a .4 dish when we install its going to be rather excede dish or dishNet dish 2 different sats to point at excede is viasat and hughesnet is now dishNet

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mrtg3336rz did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mrtg3336rz did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mrtg3336rz did! Be COOL like mrtg3336rz and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tyco2291 View Post
    Actually dishNet is hughesnet says so on all the trias totally different looking than the excede trias the new trias are about the size of a big Mac and the dishNet dish is about the size of a .4 dish when we install its going to be rather excede dish or dishNet dish 2 different sats to point at excede is viasat and hughesnet is now dishNet
    I just went to the training recently for installing this service, and we were told that DishNET was going to be both Hughesnet and Exede. At first, the DishNET dishes that Dish provides will mainly be for Hughesnet installs, but once we go through our current Exede inventory, it will all be the same dish outside whether it's using Hughesnet or Exede. The only difference will be the tria on the dish, and the modem used inside, but everything will be branded DishNET. We were also told that Exede will be changing their packages to match the DishNET packages that are currently being offered through Hughesnet. Basically, once this is fully up and running, most customers will think everything is through Dish Network, and most won't know or care whether they're receiving Hughesnet or Exede.

Post Thanks / Like
    The limits are beyond dumb - 10 and 20MB packages??? I burn thru that in less than a few days let alone a month and I'm not really a heavy user. I really think they should double those limits.
    FINALLY ESPNU IN HD!!!!!!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Stargazer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Stargazer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Stargazer did! Be COOL like Stargazer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the way it sounds you would almost think there was a merger. It's a wonder Dish Network and Directv don't do something similar to this.

I got slammed a few years back for saying how bad the data caps were and the horrible speeds. Everybody seemed to have been praising satellite broadband on here but in person a lot of people complained including myself. I see more people complaining about it now. As time goes on, the importance of higher caps will be much greater. The speeds have went way up and the data caps need to go up a bit as well. 25-50 GB anytime data would probably make a lot more people happy that do some video.

I have to say that with these new satellites the data caps have improved some and the speed has improved a bunch. One is better off with less speed if you can get a high or no data cap. If the speed drops below 1 or 2 MB such as some areas with poor DSL service then satellite may be a good option. Kind of hard to enjoy that speed when you will blow through a data cap quick though if you do a lot of downloading or video streaming.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Brussam did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Brussam did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Brussam did! Be COOL like Brussam and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see a lot of statements on how 10GB, 20GB packages just don't make any sense because it wouldn't support heavy users.

First you have to understand these are download limits not bandwidth limits like air-cards. I am a heavy Internet user because I support several web sites. For 5 years I used a Hughesnet System with a 420 MB rolling download limit in a 24 hours period. Uploads didn't count. There was free zones from 2-7 AM. That is when you download updates and other big files. Hughesnet was capable of up to13 GB download a month and that was enough for my heavy Internet usage. Until Millenicom came out with a 20 GB air-card plan, I stayed with Hughesnet that was slow but faster than dial-up.

Satellite Internet is faster then dial-up and that is what is important for a great big chunk of this country where there isn't even DSL.

It appears that the complaint of the data caps is for those who want to use the Internet for an alternative to satellite or cable TV for video delivery. That is a luxury that again, a big chunk of the country (not population) doesn't have access to.

So while this satellite service may not fit you, it is an ignorant statement to say the new service is dumb.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think satellite Internet is just fine until you start trying to stream video and hit those low (for video) caps. Speaking for the majority of us in this thread , it's dumb because of the bundling with Dish TV. This looks like a disaster just waiting to happen. With one or more Dish receivers online, it's extremely easy to download free stuff and hit those caps. Do you get slapped with an enormous bill? Does your satellite internet get throttled? Does it quit working altogether until the following month? Just what exactly happens when you hit the cap? I see "throttling" as the only saving grace for Dish TV customers who bundle with DishNet.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast