Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish / Gannett Dispute Settled! No Channel Removals!

Post Thanks / Like
    WZZM an ABC affiliate in Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek is also affected, but what will hurt this station is there is another ABC station in the market what DISH owners get so nothing other than a crawl over the top of programs this evening/ Between the crawl at the top of the screen and the logo and coming program crap on the bottom of the screen I fully understand why wide screen television was invented. Marketing not entertainment pleasure.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

Gannett to stop broadcasting on Dish if ad-skipping feature not removed

Gannett to stop broadcasting on Dish if ad-skipping feature not removed

ri Oct 5, 2012 12:14am EDT

(Reuters) - Dish Network Corp said the broadcasting arm of newspaper publisher Gannett Co Inc has threatened to withdraw broadcasting on the satellite TV provider if it does not block the commercial-skipping feature on its digital video recorders or agree to pay massive penalties.

Dish's AutoHop feature on its Hopper DVR lets customers press one button to automatically skip commercials when they are watching recorded TV shows. Dish introduced its high-definition DVR called the Hopper earlier this year.

If Gannett Broadcasting lets the current broadcasting contract expire without renewal, Dish customers in 19 cities including Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Denver, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Phoenix and Sacramento would lose various ABC, CBS and NBC-affiliated stations, Dish said in a statement.

"Gannett's demands translate into more than a 300 percent rate increase, which would likely result in higher monthly fees for consumers."

Dish offered to pay Gannett market rates, including an increase of more than 200 percent above current rates, and offered to extend the transmission contract during negotiations, which Gannett has refused, the No. 2 satellite provider said.

Read the rest at:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89403I20121005

Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dahenny did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dahenny did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dahenny did! Be COOL like dahenny and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! The tip of the iceberg has been exposed.
    Think You Might Sign Up for DISH? How about using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    WOOT WOOT!!!

ADG124528153 / ADP0019984041 / LAT086769667

To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! riffjim4069 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, riffjim4069 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, riffjim4069 did! Be COOL like riffjim4069 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see why Ergen is getting more gray hairs...
    “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” ~Confucius (504 B.C.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Christ sake.... Guess I need to start thinking about DirectTV. This is getting ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. Time to invest in a good OTA antenna. Hey, Dish: how's that OTA update coming for the Hopper?? Will it be out by Sunday???

Also, aren't DISH and DirecTV REQUIRED to carry the locals?? If so, how can Gannett hold them hostage???

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast