Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Genie client (c31?) won't power back up

Post Thanks / Like

Genie client (c31?) won't power back up

So, I'm brand new to DirecTV. My installer came out last night and installed a Genie box in the living room and a client in the master bedroom. Everything is fine until I hit the power button on the remote in the bedroom. The TV and client both shut off, but pressing the ON button only turns the TV back on. I can't get the remote to turn the client back on, only hitting the red button gets it to turn back on. Is this expected? Or is the client not supposed to be turned off? If that's the case, then I'll have to switch the remote to TV every time I need to toggle power, then slide back to the DTV control? That doesn't sound right.

Unfortunately, I didn't experience this until after my installer left.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you hitting the Power button on the top right or the Power button top center ?
    I would try both and see if it works for you.

Slide switch should be on the D* location.
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Are you hitting the Power button on the top right or the Power button top center ?
    I would try both and see if it works for you.

Slide switch should be on the D* location.
    I've tried both. The PWR button switches off the client and not the TV, but it does not power the client back up. The ON button in the upper right powers on the TV, but not the client. The OFF button in the upper right switches off the TV and client.

raoul5788 is online now Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    to Satelliteguys barrettd!

It sounds like the remote has already been set up by your installer. I would go back to the factory remote settings and see if that helps. Is there a normal power button on the C31 (client)? If so, does it work correctly?
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no button other than the red reset button on the C31 box itself. And pushing that while the C31 is off is the only way to get it back up.

Just talked to my installer, though. He said it might need a software update and asked me to check the version when I get home. Last night was his first install of a C31, as they apparently just rolled them out yesterday, so the techs are fielding all kinds of calls about wonky behavior. It's to be expected, just need to get it figured out.

And thanks for the welcome! This place is a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul5788 View Post
    to Satelliteguys barrettd!

It sounds like the remote has already been set up by your installer. I would go back to the factory remote settings and see if that helps. Is there a normal power button on the C31 (client)? If so, does it work correctly?

raoul5788 is online now Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    There is no button other than the red reset button on the C31 box itself. And pushing that while the C31 is off is the only way to get it back up.

Just talked to my installer, though. He said it might need a software update and asked me to check the version when I get home. Last night was his first install of a C31, as they apparently just rolled them out yesterday, so the techs are fielding all kinds of calls about wonky behavior. It's to be expected, just need to get it figured out.

And thanks for the welcome! This place is a great resource.
    That's a good place to start.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast