Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dish Remote Acces on a PC running Android

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKrell View Post
    Because there is no such client for PCs. You are forced through the cumbersome process of logging into DishOnline, slogging through all manner of extra cost videos you probably don't even want, after which you may or may not get access to your receiver. Or am I missing something?
    The DRA site is still operational, I seldom use DishOnline. Just click the "X" when the popup tries to send you there.

http://dish.sling.com

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStil View Post
    The DRA site is still operational, I seldom use DishOnline. Just click the "X" when the popup tries to send you there.

http://dish.sling.com

Neither DRA or Dishonline work as well as the android app, at least on my computer, compared to the Kindle.

Post Thanks / Like
    But does the Android App go up to "HD" quality like DRA can inside the house on the same network. It seems in my experience using the app on my Galaxy Nexus on wifi in the house it does quite get up past 1mbps streaming.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know. That is one of the things I'm hoping to figure out. If it is only 480 res, I don't gain much over TV2 output (other than 16:9).
    Miner

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed... the ipad app is excellent compared to using the website.

Hopefully they will create a windows 8 app similar to it as that would at least work on newer pc's.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! king3pj did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, king3pj did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, king3pj did! Be COOL like king3pj and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: king3pj

Re: Dish Remote Acces on a PC running Android

Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Neither DRA or Dishonline work as well as the android app, at least on my computer, compared to the Kindle.
    I just wish they would release a kindle fire app. I know you can side load but I don't know how to do that and I shouldn't have to. With the kindle fire only behind the ipad in popularity for tablets it's kind of crazy that dish doesn't have an app for it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast