Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Can the Joey remote change TV inputs so I can watch Bluray, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Can the Joey remote change TV inputs so I can watch Bluray, etc?

How advanced is the Joey remote?

I'd like it to control my Bluray player but it's on a different HDMI input on my TV.

It seems like I need to do this:
    1) Press TV power button
    2) Press Input (to switch TV inputs)
    3) Press+hold aux to switch modes

Now the problem is that to watch satellite again I must do the same procedure.

Is there a way that pressing+holding the aux button will send the change HDMI input command to save a step and make things easier?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    You're talking about a macro. Dish remotes don't do macros. You may want to consider getting a universal remote. Just about anything $15 an up will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I guess I'm sort-of asking for a macro. The only tricky part is that I'd like the "Aux" button (or DVD, or whatever) to send a change input command to my TV _and_ switch the remote to Bluray mode.

I have several universal remotes but I do like the RF capability of the Dish remote which is why I'd really prefer to keep it if possible...

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the auto learn feature on the remote and taught the joey remote and the hopper remote control to be able to change inputs on my tvs and to use the aspect ratio for my tv aspect ratio too. You can teach it to do just about any thing your other remote controls can do .

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you have the [Aux] button send an IR command _and_ switch the remote to [Aux] mode? (i.e. can I learn a command to the [Aux] button itself?)
    Last edited by sofakng; 10-24-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    No. You can't do that on a Dish remote. On my $15 universal remote I do exactly what you've described. A short press of AUX, for example, is the normal AUX selection, but a long press of it runs a macro to turn on my tv, source, and amp and set the correct inputs on each. The drawback, as you know, is it's not RF like the Dish remote. But that's a small sacrifice for a big gain in ease of use IMO. If RF is a must have, you could possibly add a Next Generation RF system to one of your universals and get the same result.