Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Boy was I mad

Post Thanks / Like

Boy was I mad

My DVR has been noisy for a while. Then it started squealing. I have the protection agreement so I called to order a replacement. The (lady?) in technical said they don't consider noise when determining if a DVR is faulty. I said, "Are you telling me that if it works it is not faulty?" She said, "That's what I'm sayin." Then she hung up. I called back and requested to close my account because DTV defaulted on the agreement. The guy said I can resolve all your problems... So he did. And he gave me $10 in credits for a year.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! andrewj0781 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, andrewj0781 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, andrewj0781 did! Be COOL like andrewj0781 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: andrewj0781
    If you believe your receiver is dying, you're better off lying and say it stopped working. Less problems that way.
    Directv Customer 2011 - Present:
    • PREMIER
    • HD
    • HD Extra Pack
    • Whole Home DVR
    • Fox Soccer Plus, NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass
    • Protection Plan Premier with ADH

(1- HR34/700, 1 - HR24/100, 1 - H24/700, 1 - H24/200, & 1 - H24/100)

SiriusXM Customer 2006 - Present
    :

• XM Select

(XM XpressRCi)

If you make this your home for Satellite news and more become a Pub Member to keep this place running. Go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php and Sign Up Now!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spokybob View Post
    My DVR has been noisy for a while. Then it started squealing. I have the protection agreement so I called to order a replacement. The (lady?) in technical said they don't consider noise when determining if a DVR is faulty. I said, "Are you telling me that if it works it is not faulty?" She said, "That's what I'm sayin." Then she hung up. I called back and requested to close my account because DTV defaulted on the agreement. The guy said I can resolve all your problems... So he did. And he gave me $10 in credits for a year.
    Call back and when they start going thru the diagnosis .. tell them it won't turn on.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewj0781 View Post
    If you believe your receiver is dying, you're better off lying and say it stopped working. Less problems that way.
    exactly. I had a R15 a couple years ago the remote sensor was junk. 1st line tech said they would replace it....called back and said receiver wont power on. Went through their little "circus" of trying this and that each time saying it wont power on. They sent me a new R22 at the time
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....