Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Court Rules Copying DVD now Illegal.

Scott Greczkowski is offline HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

Court Rules Copying DVD now Illegal.

Say this at AVSForum.

Recently the U.S. Copyright Office in response to a request to provide a copy exemption for consumers wanting to watch legally-owned DVDs on non-disc devices, has ruled it's illegal to bypass copy-protection in order to make digital copies for playback on hard drives, tablets, phones, and non-disc devices.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1436730/ne...vds-is-illegal

What do you think about that?

I have been ripping all my DVD's and Blurays and storing them on a NAS so I can enjoy them anytime.

Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! king3pj did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, king3pj did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, king3pj did! Be COOL like king3pj and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: king3pj
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski View Post
    Say this at AVSForum.

Recently the U.S. Copyright Office in response to a request to provide a copy exemption for consumers wanting to watch legally-owned DVDs on non-disc devices, has ruled it's illegal to bypass copy-protection in order to make digital copies for playback on hard drives, tablets, phones, and non-disc devices.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1436730/ne...vds-is-illegal

What do you think about that?

I have been ripping all my DVD's and Blurays and storing them on a NAS so I can enjoy them anytime.
    I think they need to leave their paying customers alone and stop treating them like criminals. How is this going to stop the real problem of piracy. Instead of going after people who are illegally getting movie torrents they are going after people who actually paid for the movie.

Regardless, I don't see much, if any change from this. People are going to continue ripping their movies and no one will be actively trying to stop them.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm beginning to think it isn't about crime but about squeezing customers for more.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

ke4est is offline Long Live FTA

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by king3pj View Post
    Regardless, I don't see much, if any change from this. People are going to continue ripping their movies and no one will be actively trying to stop them.
    I agree nobody is going to go house to house checking to see if you are doing it or not.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Scott Greczkowski is offline HERE TO HELP YOU!

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    No but I can see them putting a stop to software sales of software which breaks the encryption on DVD's and BluRays.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Driving it underground.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast