Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a call from "Dish Network Loyalty Dept" for 50% off. Is this legit?

Post Thanks / Like

Got a call from "Dish Network Loyalty Dept" for 50% off. Is this legit?

I received a call today from someone claiming to be from the Dish Network Loyalty Deptartment. I asked directly if he worked for Dish Network, and he said yes. He offered to give me 50% off my bill for 1 year, if I paid in advance. In other words, pay for 6 months of service, and receive 1 year of service. He said this was because I was a long-time customer. He even knew the exact amount of my monthly bill.

I asked for a callback number, and initiated a chat on dishnetwork.com to confirm if the phone number was legitimate. The rep online said it was legit, but for some reason, it still doesn't feel right to me.

Can anyone here let me know if they have received a similar offer, and if they are legit? I just want to make sure it's not a phishing scam.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

maryb@Dish Network is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO, this is not a legitimate offer. DISH does not give a % discount for payment in full. Can you please PM me so I can get some specific information about this to pass along to our fraud department? Thank you!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Teehar did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Teehar did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Teehar did! Be COOL like Teehar and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was the number they called from? also pm a dirt member here just to be on the safe side.

kudos maryb!

Post Thanks / Like
    The OP said they initiated a chat with DISH online and the CSR confirmed the offer was legitimate? WTH??? Something definitely is stinking there. I hope the transcript was saved. I mean, after that a customer's concerns should be relieved. Wow.

maryb@Dish Network is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but he said he was checking the phone number. The phone number can display a legitimate DISH number as part of a phishing scam. it is scary but you can make a call and have it display as any number you want. The offer is NOT a legitimate one.

Post Thanks / Like
    To clarify, here is exactly what I asked the online CSR: "I just received a call from Dish Network Loyalty Rewards regarding a promotion for my account, to pay for 6 months upfront and receive 1 year of programming (i.e. 50% off). I just wanted to confirm that this was a legitimate offer. The callback number given was 1-800-xxx-xxxx."

After a little verification, etc. here is the response I received: "unfortunately we don't have any updates regarding this offer, that was offered to you. For loyalty we have a separate department and even you can call to that number and confirm, as you just received the call the details are not yet updated." I then asked specifically to confirm that it wasn't a scam, and he replied: "Yes. If you wish to take that offer, please contact that number the concern department will help you. Then you will be all set."

By the way, in addition to the 50% off, I was also told I'd receive HBO and Showtime free for 1 year. Also, I basically have Dish just for international programming. Do you think this could be a targeted offer to customers like me, considering that there are now lots of alternatives via IPTV boxes that are a lot cheaper? The guy that called knew the exact amount I paid monthly. How could anyone outside of Dish get this information?

P.S. I will PM you the number.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast