Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NCAA College Bowl Schedule

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma / Las Vegas, Nevada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Why would ESPN care about ratings? All of us suckers pay them nearly 4$ a month, they could care less if we watch or not. They get paid no matter what.
    That's my point.

Other than the NFL, the leagues and networks have become satisfied just bending over all the consumers. It's the flawed broadcast model in the US. Why get advertising to support these events when they can rape 80 million viewers nationwide for base package subscriber fees, when probably only 30 million actually watch the channel at any time throughout the year. The video providers know this and aren't going to let CBS or NBC get their sports channels into basic packages, so I don't see espn losing the rights because CBS,NBC and Fox are locked out of being able to fund a bid to the level that espn can.

This is why the NFL is so popular. It has remained on the broadcast networks. You've seen ratings and popularity declines for MLB, NHL, Nascar, PGA, etc.. since they moved the majority of their broadcasts to cable. The NCAAF regular season still has a lot of games on the broadcast nets each week, but the bowls have all moved to cable and viewership/popularity of those games have declined with that move. Until they price themselves out of the market, live attendance has remained up, but I can see that starting to decline in a few years just like NFL live attendance.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    NASCAR can't really be listed in this discussion as thier Races are spread out among multiple channels.

ESPN, FOX, TBS and I might be missing 1 or 2 ...
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma / Las Vegas, Nevada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    NASCAR can't really be listed in this discussion as thier Races are spread out among multiple channels.

ESPN, FOX, TBS and I might be missing 1 or 2 ...
    Fox, (may be 1 or 2 races on FX but I'm not sure anymore) TNT, ESPN/ABC

I quit watching once football starts and its coverage has gotten so boring and long the last few years, that I mainly dvr and scan through the races when I do watch. That's another problem is they no longer just give good coverage of the events, they want to show a bunch of human interest stuff, then some social media add in, etc.. Just show me the game and give me some good play by play, I don't need all the other crap, especially at the prices we're having to pay for the privilege of watching now.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
    Fox, (may be 1 or 2 races on FX but I'm not sure anymore) TNT, ESPN/ABC

I quit watching once football starts and its coverage has gotten so boring and long the last few years, that I mainly dvr and scan through the races when I do watch. That's another problem is they no longer just give good coverage of the events, they want to show a bunch of human interest stuff, then some social media add in, etc.. Just show me the game and give me some good play by play, I don't need all the other crap, especially at the prices we're having to pay for the privilege of watching now.
    Ya, I missed FX.

I watch NASCAR, but not nearly as much as I use to.
    When Football starts, I watch the NFL first and flip to NASCAR on commercials when I can.
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! riffjim4069 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, riffjim4069 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, riffjim4069 did! Be COOL like riffjim4069 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! hope NC State is even somewhat in the game is a mystery after five (5) turnovers.
    “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” ~Confucius (504 B.C.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Vanderbilt doing the SEC proud.

SEC SPEED!
    SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast