Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Genie Client Issues

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch1814 View Post
    Swapping receivers won't fix it. In a meeting today Directv told us to set the genies (C31's is what I'm referring to) to "genie recommends" I don't know why but they said this will temporary resolve the issue until a software issue is addressed. If this works or not, couldn't tell you. Just going by what we was told today.
    Curious,
    What is "genie recommends" setting(s) ?

Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch1814 View Post
    Swapping receivers won't fix it. In a meeting today Directv told us to set the genies (C31's is what I'm referring to) to "genie recommends" I don't know why but they said this will temporary resolve the issue until a software issue is addressed. If this works or not, couldn't tell you. Just going by what we was told today.
    How do you do this? The Genie client in one of my rooms does this occasionally and also will lock up at times where I'll have to use the red button and reset the main Genie DVR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im having the exact same problem. My 2 c31's usually dont function unless I reboot the Genie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123