Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New S229 Feature - What's Hot!

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

New S229 Feature - What's Hot!

Ever watch TV and say there is nothing on? Ever wonder what others are watching? Now with the Hopper's new What's Hot feature you will be able to find out what everyone else is watching on TV! Never will you say there is nothing on again.. and you will be able to talk with friends at work when they say "Hey did you see (show name here) last night?" Yup the What's Hot feature might ever make you cooler at work.

To access the feature press the Menu button and then Select the What's Hot Button.

You can see What's Hot in your local area, or What's Hot nationwide.

BTW before anyone gets worried about privacy issues, it should be noted that the data is collected anonymously by receivers hooked up to a broadband connection.

You can even specify what kind of show is Hot Now no matter if its a sports show or your looking for a show for the kids to watch. A pull down is available by pressing the Red button on your remote and chose from categories such as Movies, Sports, Drama, Comedy, Kids & Family, News and Talk Shows, Reality or All TV Shows.

When I first started using this feature I thought it was a silly feature, but in using it I have grow to enjoy it and find shows which I forgot about were on. I think you will really like it once you start using it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whatshot1.png 
Views:	649 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	82488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whatshot2.png 
Views:	620 
Size:	330.1 KB 
ID:	82489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whatshot3.png 
Views:	603 
Size:	358.6 KB 
ID:	82490  
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

Good morning everyone!
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ashutto20 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ashutto20 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ashutto20 did! Be COOL like ashutto20 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If people will rate shows correctly and not just messing around...this feature could be a nice handy thing to use

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

Unless I missed something there is no way for people to rate shows... instead I thought What's Hot is based on anon data collected from broadband enabled receivers to show what are the most popular shows being watched.
    Scott

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ashutto20 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ashutto20 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ashutto20 did! Be COOL like ashutto20 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You can even specify what kind of show is Hot Now no matter if its a sports show or your looking for a show for the kids to watch. A pull down is available by pressing the Red button on your remote and chose from categories such as Movies, Sports, Drama, Comedy, Kids & Family, News and Talk Shows, Reality or All TV Shows."

My fault...I read that and thought you could rate shows...still could be an interesting feature...can help you out if you forget a show is on

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: #xbox4life
    Yah, there isn't a way to rate the shows.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast