Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New S229 Feature - Bluetooth Audio

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

New S229 Feature - Bluetooth Audio

With S229, Bluetooth Audio is here and it works well!

Setup was very easy on the Hopper setup screen. Just went into the Bluetooth settings screen and clicked on find devices while my headphones were in pairing mode. A few second later my headphones were displayed on the Hopper screen.

I then chose the headphones that it found and hit the select button on my remote and it asked me for the pin for my device. The default pin of 0000 was also the same pin my headphones used. Clicked select again and a second later I had sound coming through the headphones.

I flipped through a couple of channels and was amazed to find perfect sync of the audio between the Hopper and the headphones. I don't know how DISH / Echostar accomplished this feat! If you have Bluetooth in your car, or have another Bluetooth device you know you can't watch lets say your Slingbox on your iPhone and have the sound coming through your Bluetooth enabled stereo system that the sound is WAY out of sync from the picture on the screen. I am happy to report perfect sync on all channels I tried it on.

When you first turn on Bluetooth the Hopper lets you know its on, by displaying the Bluetooth Logo on the lower right corner of the video screen for a few second.

I then flipped over to the SiriusXM channels and got to say I am impressed with the stereo separation, it honestly sounds like your listening via a wired connection. Now for those of you wondering its just 2.0 stereo. it does not deliver 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

In walking around my house I only had very little dropout while walking on the edge of the Bluetooth signal (about and estimated 25 - 30 feet)

Since getting the Bluetooth feature on my Hopper I now go to bed each night listening to SiriusXM without bugging my wife. It's a great feature!

It should be noted that the Bluetooth feature ONLY works on the Hopper, it is not support by the Joey's. Also you can pair and listen on up to 2 pairs of Bluetooth headphones at a time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth1.png 
Views:	807 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	82491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth2.png 
Views:	657 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	82492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth3.png 
Views:	617 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	82493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth4.png 
Views:	618 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	82494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth5.png 
Views:	610 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	82495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth6.png 
Views:	647 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	82496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth7.png 
Views:	645 
Size:	293.3 KB 
ID:	82497  
    Last edited by Scott Greczkowski; 11-13-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

Good morning everyone!
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Dirtydan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Dirtydan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Dirtydan did! Be COOL like Dirtydan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if Bluetooth would work with external speakers, if such speakers exist for Bluetooth?
    Dan

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should...
    Bobby

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

Scott

ke4est is offline Long Live FTA

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep was going to say I don't see why not. Good to know that they do.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast