Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New S229 Feature - Deleted Recordings Recycle Bin

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

New S229 Feature - Deleted Recordings Recycle Bin

I dont know if you have ever done this... but I know I have. I going through my DVR recordings I hit the wrong button and poof the show I want to watch is deleted. In the past I would swear a lot and get frustrated.

Well not anymore with the new S229 software.

Now when you delete an item, it goes into a Recycle Bin where it is stored for 48 hours before it is automatically emptied.

Now if you delete a show, you can easily recover it and enjoy it.

To recover a deleted show go into the Deleted Recording icon in your DVR listings, click on the show you want to undelete, click on recover and the show has been restored to your main DVR listings.

About the only fault I can find with this new feature is there is no way to force it to empty the Deleted Recordings folder. Other then that it is GREAT. Thanks DISH!

Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    Good morning everyone!
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! DWS44 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, DWS44 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, DWS44 did! Be COOL like DWS44 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be a nice feature to have!
    A Houseful of Samsung TVs - 55" 8500 Series LED LCD | 32" 5500 Series LED LCD | 32" LN32A450 LCD | Dish Network 1K.4/Eastern Arc | 1 Hopper w/ Sling - 1 Super Joey - 1 Original Joey | SilverSensor ZHD-TV1 OTA Antennas

OK...now the Hopper's PROTECTED ICONS are making cameos on the info screen...can we PLEASE put them back where they BELONG?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gpflepsen did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gpflepsen did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gpflepsen did! Be COOL like gpflepsen and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could have used this yesterday. I lost the last 2 weekends off Saturday Night Live... grrr... great feature!

Post Thanks / Like
    Even nicer feature would be multiple select for delete show/folders. If it's available is not very intuitive because havent found the way to do it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faw View Post
    Even nicer feature would be multiple select for delete show/folders. If it's available is not very intuitive because havent found the way to do it yet.
    "Edit All" (Blue Button) from the DVR listing. It's been there from the beginning.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast