Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hopper Rebooting Almost Nightly

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Dudleydog73 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Dudleydog73 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Dudleydog73 did! Be COOL like Dudleydog73 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have bridging enabled on your Hopper to supply internet to the Joey? If you do try disabling bridging and see if that stabilizes your Joey.
    1 Hopper 2K / 1 Super Joey / 1 Joey 1.0

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I do however I had the same issue when going thru ethernet but admittedly I have not tried that with the last software update. Worth a shot. Dish (thank you DIRT) is replacing the Joey so hopefully that will take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its has been a week now and DIRT replaced the Joey (they have been very helpful in attempting to solve this btw) and all was fine for three nights but again last night the same issue which dirupted the active recording of "Revolution". They are sending a tech out but I do not know what he will be able to do. Very irritating since I am unable to watch recorded material from the Joey without if causing the Hopper to reboot thus disrupting and corrupting the current active recording. I have tried the suggestions here with no success. I find it odd that I am the only one experiencing this unless it is a Hopper hardware issue and I am the lucky one the received this particular unit, lol. I have been happy with Dish since coming from Direct after 10 years but this may be a deal breaker for me if unable to get corrected. Doesn't do any good to have a system I like that does not perform the basic function of viewing and recording without issue.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Dudleydog73 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Dudleydog73 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Dudleydog73 did! Be COOL like Dudleydog73 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You didnt mention if you had disabled bridging before/after your Joey was replaced. If you still have it turned on, turn it off and see if your Joey stabilizes.
    1 Hopper 2K / 1 Super Joey / 1 Joey 1.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I tried and no difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to update.....tech came out two days ago and changed the node and so far so good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123