Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would this LNB work for FTA?

Post Thanks / Like

Would this LNB work for FTA?

I am confused about this LNB:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...767783900&rd=1

I though that DirecTV and Dish Network use circular polarization LNBs whereas FTA uses linear polarization LNB. Yet this very inexpensive LNB claims to be able to do it all!

Will this LNB work for all the FTA channels out there? Or only for things like NASA TV, radio stations and some promo TV channels available in the clear on Dish network satellites?

Thank you,
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the guy doesnt know what he is talking about...

But I am kinda dumb...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it will do FTA

The LNB will do FTA signals off the DirecTV and DishNetwork satellites, but it won't be able to receive FTA signals off of other satellites since they broadcast on Linear Polarization.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What FTA is on D* & E* other than NASA and the 1 -2 info card channels? If you want FTA/DVB then buy the correct gear not E* or D* gear.
    DirecTV HR22, H21, H23, HR20, Sanyo PLV-Z 119", Acer H5360 106", Samsung PN51D450 51", Insignia NS-51P680A12 51", Onkyo TX-NR708, Onkyo HT-R550, Yamaha RX-Z, Sony BDP-S570, Sony PS3 (x2), D-Link Gigabit Network, ViaTalk Unlimited Everything VoIP ($13/mo)

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I meant

I meant there were a few channels of FTA on Dish Network but that's it

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, just so mchomicz (the original poster) is clear, DO NOT buy E* or D* stuff to run your FTA setup. Hope this helps you Michael?.?
    DirecTV HR22, H21, H23, HR20, Sanyo PLV-Z 119", Acer H5360 106", Samsung PN51D450 51", Insignia NS-51P680A12 51", Onkyo TX-NR708, Onkyo HT-R550, Yamaha RX-Z, Sony BDP-S570, Sony PS3 (x2), D-Link Gigabit Network, ViaTalk Unlimited Everything VoIP ($13/mo)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast