Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DISH-Northwest Broadcasting

Post Thanks / Like

DISH-Northwest Broadcasting

Any news or insights on how talks are going between Dish and Northwest Broadcasting? Something tells me this is going to drag on and on and on. I live in the Spokane DMA, and have seen this same thing happen before with DirecTV, and Time Warner Cable. Out of all the companies that own affiliate stations in Spokane(Belo, Morgan Murphy media, etc), I think that Northwest is the absolute worst. It seems like every time a contract with a major TV provider expires, Northwest will use the opportunity to "up the ante" and ask for a ridiculous price increase per customer. I cant speak for others around here, but Im sure many people are getting "fed up" with this.

With the DirecTV talks going on for months, Im wondering if its time for me to "move"

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tampa8 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tampa8 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tampa8 did! Be COOL like Tampa8 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normally the locals disputes don't last too long. Sounds like Northwest Broadcasting might be an exception.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJW99 View Post

With the DirecTV talks going on for months, Im wondering if its time for me to "move"
    Move where? You yourself pointed out they play the game with all providers...unless you mean move out of Spokane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    Move where? You yourself pointed out they play the game with all providers...unless you mean move out of Spokane.
    I was thinking maybe a move to Missoula,MT. Its close enough geographically and I believe on the same spotbeam. The other option I was thinking was maybe purchasing an HD FOX feed from Sobango(All American Direct) I know they provide the networks in SD, but does anyone know if they have HD network feeds?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tampa8 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tampa8 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tampa8 did! Be COOL like Tampa8 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just SD. Great however for times like this for you.... (Can you do OTA?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJW99 View Post
    I was thinking maybe a move to Missoula,MT. Its close enough geographically and I believe on the same spotbeam. The other option I was thinking was maybe purchasing an HD FOX feed from Sobango(All American Direct) I know they provide the networks in SD, but does anyone know if they have HD network feeds?
    Or, you could get yourself a subscription to one of the Canadian DBS services (Shaw or Bell TV). I've had Bell TV service since 1999. They provide Fox stations from Seattle and Boston. I've never missed a single show on Fox.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast