Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopper Apps

Post Thanks / Like

Hopper Apps

A week ago, I upgraded from a 722 to a 1-Hopper/2-Joey setup. Everything is working great except the Apps. When I try to access the Apps, either through the menu or by using the blue hot button, I get a message reading 404 - Not Found.

I assumed that additional downloads over the first couple days would resolve this, but it didn't. I called the help line for the company who did the install since they requested I call them first with any problems. I was told to unplug the Hopper and both Joeys for at least 15 minutes, plug the Joey back in and wait for it to completely start up, and then plug both Joeys in. That procedure did not fix anything, so I called the installer help line back again. She then told me that it was actually a software issue that Dish was addressing and that the Apps did not work for anyone (including her).

I haven't seen any other discussion regarding this issue. I don't know if there is actually a software issue, if everyone (or anyone) is having the same problem, or if there is an easy fix for it.

My software version is S230.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    are you connected to the broadband?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: #xbox4life
    That message comes up when the apps haven't downloaded or fully downloaded to the Hopper. The apps are supposed to download during the sw download process. The tech was correct in telling you that it is being investigated. I'm trying to see if I can get some more info on it and I'll post again once I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua.mcglothlen View Post
    are you connected to the broadband?
    I'm not, but my hopper is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky86 View Post
    That message comes up when the apps haven't downloaded or fully downloaded to the Hopper. The apps are supposed to download during the sw download process. The tech was correct in telling you that it is being investigated. I'm trying to see if I can get some more info on it and I'll post again once I do.
    Thanks, Lucky!

Post Thanks / Like
    I received the S234 software last night, which I thought might resolve the issue. Unfortunately, I still do not have access to the apps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast