Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superstations pack picture edges cut off

Post Thanks / Like

Superstations pack picture edges cut off

Watching a movie on WPIX and the edges are cut off. It appears Dish is using the HD feed for the Superstations pack which is in SD. If they're going to use the HD feed in SD it'd be nice if they kept it in the original size 16x9 (similar to the ESPN feeds) so the edges aren't cut off. This is happening on the other Superstations as well.

When shows are in 4x3 it doesn't matter, but their newscasts, movies, and primetime programming are all in 16x9. Not to mention TV's are all in 16x9 by now.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Dish is using the HD feed, I think you are right, that explains why the SD signal is so good.
    I know dish wont or cant give us an HD feed, but this SD feed sure is good.
    Now if they can just get the 16x9 right, it might be worth the couple extra dollars we pay for it.
    I still want the superstations in HD some day though . . .
    "We need more power Scotty"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottChez View Post
    Dish is using the HD feed, I think you are right, that explains why the SD signal is so good.
    I know dish wont or cant give us an HD feed, but this SD feed sure is good.
    Now if they can just get the 16x9 right, it might be worth the couple extra dollars we pay for it.
    I still want the superstations in HD some day though . . .
    Ya, you're right. And they need to switch their SD feeds to 16x9. It's frustrating watching the news, sports games and movies when text or people are cut off the screen. I know people at Dish read this stuff. Please fix the SD feeds to 16x9.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Geronimo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Geronimo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Geronimo did! Be COOL like Geronimo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure there is such a thing as an SD feed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching "Giants Access Blue" on WWOR 238 and it is in the correct 16x9 aspect ratio. I can actually see the entire picture. This is what the downconverted HD feeds should look like on the SD channels. Dish does it on the Fox and ESPN networks. They should do this with the others. Let's go people!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! satjay did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, satjay did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, satjay did! Be COOL like satjay and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: michjay74
    Just wondering because I add and drop the superstations, is this recent with the PQ better? I currently don't sub to them right now but if PQ has improved recently I am re add

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast