Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Coolsat 8100HD, Looking for help from Guru's

Post Thanks / Like

Coolsat 8100HD, Looking for help from Guru's

Hello,
    I have read several post about the CS8000/8100 looking to find anything that may help me w/out luck. I see many member here used to play around with them. I have a CS8100HD which I changed most of the Caps at the Power Supply board. So far the box is booting OK. If I connect the coax cable directly from the LNB to the box it works OK. It does scans everything OK and I can watch all the channels OK. Problem I'm having is when I try to connect more than one LNB using a switch. When I used a switch the box goes to NO signal. I have try using a diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 with same results. Even connecting the LNBs one at the time to different ports into the switch when I check there is no signal. I have tried Ku and C-band individually as well. If I go back and connect just one directly then it start working again. Does anyone have any idea where I can look and see if I can troubleshoot the problem??? Since most of the parts on the power supply board have being replaced I guess the problem will be on some of the components sorrounding the tuner. Thanks!!
    Proud to be a subscription-free household - FTA & OTA only
    Gal 16 @ 99W, AMC 1 @ 103W, Gal 3C @95W, Gal 23 @121W,
    Satmex 8 116.8W, Hispasat 1C/D 30.0W, AMC 21 @125W
    (2) X2 Premium HD, (2) Openbox S10, (1) Linkbox 8000HD Local

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! FaT Air did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, FaT Air did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, FaT Air did! Be COOL like FaT Air and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    test the LNB voltage with more than just one lnbf and a switch connected. (Could it be a weak LNB fuse???) Think that would be the first thing I'd check. After that, it's up to those with that unit to 'get in deeper'.

One night I walked home very late and fell asleep in somebody's satellite dish.My dreams were showing up on TV's all over the world. -- Steven Wright
    Openbox S9, Pansat 3500SD, 139w to 55.5W +30W
    10Ft USS Steel BUD and an assortment of ChannelMaster dishes, (1)84e, (2).7m, (2)1.2m,(1)1.0M, (1)2.4m[8ft] offset in storage.