Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 131 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

UPDATE - THE PRICING POSTED BELOW IS WRONG! SOME PACKAGES ARE GOING UP AS MUCH AS $15.

FOR THE CORRECT PRICING PLEASE SEE http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/...75#post3052375

Well after two years of not having a price increase on its core packages, SatelliteGuys has learned that today DISH announced on it's Retailer Chat, DISH announced that prices will be going up effective January 17th, 2013.

It appears that all base packages are going up $5 a month.
    DVR Service Fee is going up $1 (excludes the 922 and HOPPER)
    If you have all 4 Pay Services (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and Starz) then your bill will go up $1.

Those customers who are within their first year of service with DISH will not see a price increase until after they have completed their first year. (So if you want to sign up for DISH, then sign up now and have your rates locked for the next year!)

We have reached out to DISH PR for official confirmation of these prices, but this is what announced today on the Retailer Chat.
    Last edited by Scott Greczkowski; 12-18-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is, "It could have been worse!"

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKrell View Post
    You are correct about that... I was honestly expecting a $8 increase.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stardust3 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stardust3 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stardust3 did! Be COOL like stardust3 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKrell View Post
    I have to agree, however I will reevaluate and probably downgrade my package to compensate.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Less than many had guessed. After two years, I can live with it. If the DVR fee is the only fee increase, so much the better.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Poke did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Poke did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Poke did! Be COOL like Poke and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I think most TV Providers will have a increase so we all at some point will be paying more. Hmm be nice to see a decrease some day.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Page 1 of 131 1231151101 ... LastLast