Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Biggest FTA story of 2012?

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the arrival of the microHD at the highlight of 2012. I however mourn the loss of the CBC Networks and KDEV from FTA satellite.
    FTA Dishes in current use...
    10' Unimesh. Three 6' Prodelins. 1m Primestar. 90cm Ariza. 6' Fortec Star.
    Receivers in use...
    Uniden Ultra C band analog, Diamond 9000HD, Dish Network VIP211K HD, Geosatpro microHD
    C band user for 26 years Proud antenna user with 18 OTA digital channels.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! kodaz did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, kodaz did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, kodaz did! Be COOL like kodaz and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    not the Microhd, but the work around it in that there is a huge thread on all of us adding input to its features before it was for sale. We were the biggest thing this year regarding the Microhd. I think we should be proud of that.
    10' and 8' Unimesh(s) , 7.5' Perfect 10, Superdish x 2,
    Crimestar x 2, 10' darkstar, Laux Beta 9'
    Coolsat 5k (great signal meters and Beepers), S-9 , GI 450I (dishmover), Micro hd, X2
    Bandstacked no retreat, no surrender. Recievers to 3 WS international 4X1 to 2 Digiwave 8 X 1 to Zinwel multiswitch to 16+ LNB array.

ADTV RULES!! HI MOM!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rv1pop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rv1pop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rv1pop did! Be COOL like rv1pop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    South Central Cascade Mountains and on the road.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My vote goes to the microHD, plus ++++ getting it going before the end of the year! Interesting seeing the neighborhood go dark and still watching Daystar on my 12VDC TV and the microHD. Going to update software and channel lists tomorrow, I hope! Ah, they got power back on! And before midnight, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by i4tas View Post
    espn feed encryption increases
    on the flipside, upgraded pay service to HD for ESPN as I was watching the feeds when possible to have the event in HD rather than my crappy DISH Network SD. I now DVR and skip commercials so I get to give a big middle finger to ESPN that advertisers won't see my eyeballs as much as ESPN would like them to by encrypting all feeds. they still get some of my money though (whatever my provider pays them on my behalf each month).

big thing for me outside than the oft-mentioned MicroHD release is the increasing amount of HD news feeds - really apparent with the debates, conventions and election night but when there isn't something as major, you still see some HD newsfeeds and they look great and their MHz of transponder-usage is not that much more than their normal SD feeds!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234