Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Showtime anytime for Dish?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Geronimo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Geronimo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Geronimo did! Be COOL like Geronimo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey982 View Post
    I downloaded the Showtime anytime app on my iPad but apparently Dish subscribers can't use it. When I try to log in I have to be with Direct, AT&T u-verse, Verizon, or Optimum (whatever that is). So dish users are not good enough for their app or what? Does anyone know if it works like HBO-GO? I was hoping to go back and watch Dexter from season 1.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
    Optimum = Cablevision.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mike123abc did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mike123abc did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mike123abc did! Be COOL like mike123abc and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since DIRECTV recently added Showtime anytime, I hope Dish comes through soon, maybe there will be some word at CES?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! GaryPen did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, GaryPen did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, GaryPen did! Be COOL like GaryPen and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike123abc View Post
    Since DIRECTV recently added Showtime anytime, I hope Dish comes through soon, maybe there will be some word at CES?
    It would certainly be a welcome addition.

I wonder if the content providers charge the carriers money for on-demand and streaming services. I would think not, as it acts as a marketing tool to add viewers. But, corporate greed seems to know no bounds. So, they might.
    FYI:
    -It's "couldn't care less", not "could care less".
    -It's "would've", "should've", and "could've", not "would of", "should of", and "could of".
    -It's "voila!", not "walla!" (That's right. You've been speaking French all this time.)
    -The first word in each sentence should be capitalized.
    -A period goes at the end of each sentence.
    -Commas are also a good idea, on occasion.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mike123abc did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mike123abc did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mike123abc did! Be COOL like mike123abc and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryPen View Post
    It would certainly be a welcome addition.

I wonder if the content providers charge the carriers money for on-demand and streaming services. I would think not, as it acts as a marketing tool to add viewers. But, corporate greed seems to know no bounds. So, they might.
    I do not think the service presents a charge to Dish, but there is soft costs since Dish has to make their subscriber database link up with Showtime so they can verify subscriptions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Amazingly, I've been in an online chat with Dish for 40 minutes and the imbecile on the other end (Carl ID: 59D) can't answer the simple question of "Can I stream prior episodes of Showtime series" and "Do DISH customers have access to SHOWTIME ANYTIME?..."

While reading him type "Thank you for that information. One moment please." a dozen times, I have unfortunately figured out through online searches that Dish does not seem to offer this same access that every other major provider does.

Which means we'll be cancelling Showtime/HBO because the main reason we signed up was to stream the prior episodes of HOMELAND and other Showtime series....

Yeah, I'm just venting.
    (and hoping someone tells me I'm wrong so we don't have to buy homeland season 2 from iTunes for $36/ season)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: #xbox4life
    Quote Originally Posted by toddjb View Post
    Amazingly, I've been in an online chat with Dish for 40 minutes and the imbecile on the other end (Carl ID: 59D) can't answer the simple question of "Can I stream prior episodes of Showtime series" and "Do DISH customers have access to SHOWTIME ANYTIME?..."

While reading him type "Thank you for that information. One moment please." a dozen times, I have unfortunately figured out through online searches that Dish does not seem to offer this same access that every other major provider does.

Which means we'll be cancelling Showtime/HBO because the main reason we signed up was to stream the prior episodes of HOMELAND and other Showtime series....

Yeah, I'm just venting.
    (and hoping someone tells me I'm wrong so we don't have to buy homeland season 2 from iTunes for $36/ season)
    No access to Showtime anytime. You can stream prior episodes if they are recorded on your DVR and you have a sling adapter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast