Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROKU XS - Any problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    I see several people complaining about Roku requiring a credit card to register, but if they just look at the webpage, they would find an option to skip entering a CC.

I've have two roku originals, one that was purchased new about 3-4 years ago and still going (but only 720p). Got a used one off a ebay about 2 years ago (the guy didn't reset it so I could have used their netflix etc accounts, but I did a full reset ), it worked wirelessly for about 6 months and then stopped working, so I switched it with the one in the living room (it's wired). Got a re-furbed 2 XD about 6 mnths ago and still working.

When the 2's first came out, I think there was alot of problems trying to connect via wireless, especially the wireless-only ones.
    722, Visionsat, IV200, Fortec Merc II, AZbox elite, 36" Glorystar Dish, Sadoun LNB, QPH -31, STAB HH90, soon - 6ft WSI special dish w/ PM24

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! PopcornNMore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, PopcornNMore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, PopcornNMore did! Be COOL like PopcornNMore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by concord View Post
    When the 2's first came out, I think there was alot of problems trying to connect via wireless, especially the wireless-only ones.
    I believe this is the biggest problem, especially with people not familiar with routers and best placement of the Roku device. I always wire my video devices for the best connection which is why I wanted the Roku 2 XS.

Dishes: 240cm (8') WS International Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Fortec Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Channel Master Dish, C-Band * 120cm (4') Channel Master Dish, SG2100 H-H, KU-Band * 36" X 26" Channel Master (StarBand) Dish, DBS * 18" Dish, DirecTV, DSS LNBF * Dish 1000+, Dish Network
    OTA Antennas: Terk TV-32 UHF Antenna, (Pittsburgh, PA locals) * Antennacraft MXU59 UHF Antenna, (Johnstown, PA locals)
    Receivers: VIP722 Dish Network * Coolsat 4000 Premium * Coolsat 6100 PVR * Openbox S9 HD PVR * Motorola DSR-410DS

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! PopcornNMore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, PopcornNMore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, PopcornNMore did! Be COOL like PopcornNMore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I resolved the color line problem that appeared along the bottom of the TV while scrolling through the channels...

After not being able to sleep last night thinking about the possibility of my 6 month old 50" TV being damaged by the Roku I read the Roku instruction book once again. When I read that the remote is RF rather than IF enabling the unit to be controlled while out of sight it made me think that perhaps since the Roku is positioned directly under the TV the internal antenna might possibly be interfering with the TV. This made sense, because the colored lines only appeared along the bottom of the screen while scrolling through the channels.

Tonight after work I moved the Roku unit to a lower shelf on the TV stand and scrolled through the channels fast and saw NO color line interference. I then switched inputs to Dish Network and scrolled fast through the guide and saw NO color line interference. It certainly looks like this was the problem and perhaps I can breath easier tonight and get some sleep not worrying about the TV.

Dishes: 240cm (8') WS International Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Fortec Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Channel Master Dish, C-Band * 120cm (4') Channel Master Dish, SG2100 H-H, KU-Band * 36" X 26" Channel Master (StarBand) Dish, DBS * 18" Dish, DirecTV, DSS LNBF * Dish 1000+, Dish Network
    OTA Antennas: Terk TV-32 UHF Antenna, (Pittsburgh, PA locals) * Antennacraft MXU59 UHF Antenna, (Johnstown, PA locals)
    Receivers: VIP722 Dish Network * Coolsat 4000 Premium * Coolsat 6100 PVR * Openbox S9 HD PVR * Motorola DSR-410DS

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you figured it out. After reading IceBerg's thread about MummyBox ( http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/...-Mummybox-gone ), I fear there will be a bunch of channels disappearing...if that happens, there will be many more rokus up for sale on ebay and the price will drop.

722, Visionsat, IV200, Fortec Merc II, AZbox elite, 36" Glorystar Dish, Sadoun LNB, QPH -31, STAB HH90, soon - 6ft WSI special dish w/ PM24

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12