Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New LNBF, why is a new scan needed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very very very well explained. I understood it the first time I was reading it. Thank you for taking the time to post this.

So in my case it could be a low quality LNBF or a miss-tuned LNBF or a drifted LNBF because of temperature etc. etc. etc.
    The PLL should be the closest to the transponder frequency since it is using a crystal for oscillation as a reference point.

In other words when I scanned with the old LNBF and the new LNBF, the frequency may not be the same. If the frequency difference is way greater than the receivers stored frequency,then the receiver can't handle this since it is out of specs and the channels do not tune in.

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! SatelliteAV did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, SatelliteAV did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, SatelliteAV did! Be COOL like SatelliteAV and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johann12 View Post
    So in my case it could be a low quality LNBF or a miss-tuned LNBF or a drifted LNBF because of temperature etc. etc. etc.
    The PLL should be the closest to the transponder frequency since it is using a crystal for oscillation as a reference point.

In other words when I scanned with the old LNBF and the new LNBF, the frequency may not be the same. If the frequency difference is way greater than the receivers stored frequency,then the receiver can't handle this since it is out of specs and the channels do not tune in.
    Exactly! Now with the PLL LNBF, the Blind Scan transponder frequencies will be as accurate as the receiver's firmware provides.
    Last edited by SatelliteAV; 01-05-2013 at 09:21 PM.

ke4est is online now Long Live FTA
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian's explanation above, of LNB LO Frequency has been permanently placed in the FAQ section.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/...-Frequency-101
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ke4est View Post
    Brian's explanation above, of LNB LO Frequency has been permanently placed in the FAQ section.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/...-Frequency-101
    Thank you,
    I am sure that will help other folks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123