Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNB holder for 1.2M Fortec Star

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Cham did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Cham did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Cham did! Be COOL like Cham and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    As requested. Cell phone photos so quality is not too good, and very windy so there might be some snow blowing around.
    Note the John Deere green bracket with holes drilled to match 1 degree spacing, figured I could wiggle the mount around enough to line up the focal point(s). This green aluminium bracket was part of a larger assembly that was removed from a combine. The spacer used between the LNB mount and the bracket isn't actually a conduit, but part of a 1/2" connector minus the nut and gasket for SJ type cable. That's what I had that worked best in my tool caddy.
    Also note the way the side-mounted LNBF is set back from where the center one is. Not sure why this is, doesn't make sense geometrically speaking but it works. That has always been a wierd dish. The string helps to keep the arm from sagging under the weight of the added assembly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97mount1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	294.3 KB 
ID:	84065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97mount2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	84066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97mount3.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	280.7 KB 
ID:	84067
    AzBox Ultra, 10' bud, ASC1, Corotor II and Norsats, WSI-9036 & HH120 / Avenger PLL321S-2
    MicroHD, 90cm Geosat Pro, SG2100 & SP1PLL
    + various dishes, LNBs , switches, and receivers.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Smart design, as it allows a lot of various positions for LNB's. I guess the sleeves of different height could be cut from copper pipe. The C-channel probably is not available with holes - I guess you drilled them yourselves? A picture is worth, indeed, a thousand words. Cheers, polgyver

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Cham did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Cham did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Cham did! Be COOL like Cham and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the sleeve spacers could also be cut at the proper angle to properly point the LNBF using the default LNB brackets. Yes the C-channel was drilled with 3/8 holes to closely represent spacing between satellites and the loose fit of the small bolts through the larger holes allows for some error in the drilling. Since this particular 105 deg LNBF was installed it has worked flawlessly. Was planning to properly dress the cabling and switch once the weather warms up but I am afraid to touch it now that it works so well!

AzBox Ultra, 10' bud, ASC1, Corotor II and Norsats, WSI-9036 & HH120 / Avenger PLL321S-2
    MicroHD, 90cm Geosat Pro, SG2100 & SP1PLL
    + various dishes, LNBs , switches, and receivers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12