Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S10 bit the dust?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! AcWxRadar did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, AcWxRadar did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, AcWxRadar did! Be COOL like AcWxRadar and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
    And now the damn 50" DLP Toshiba blew. 2013 has sucked so far...
    Kraven,

You are not suffering from a major case of winter-time/dry-air static electrical charge are you? Sounds like you have the Midas Touch and you are ZAPPING everything!
    Seriously, I have this really bad this year. I had to make a little wand wound with anti-static cord (static dissipating string) like a "swagger stick" and carry it around with
    me at all times to bleed off my static charge. At work especially. Recently, I touched a computer monitor and shut it down. It powered up again fine, but I honestly
    zapped it so good that the whole thing went blank and shut down. I rolled a metal cart with rubber wheels from one department at work to another and I happened
    to touch a grounded metal chassis and dang near went into atrial fibrillation! Totally serious! I also got up out of a chair in our office and felt like I was highly charged,
    so I touched my little wand to a metal table and threw sparks like a miniature arc welder! The guy sitting next to me about jumped out of his chair with amazement.
    I bet there were three or four sparks that flew about 1/4" to 1/2" out from the point of contact! It is actually quite painful when I discharge like that without using my
    little wand (when it is directly skin to metal) that I am extremely paranoid about touching anything metal. At work, it is so bad that when people see me without my
    wand, they ask me where it is. If I tell them I forgot it in my car or something, they say "Stay away from ME then!" or "Don't you DARE touch ME!"

Sincerely, I am totally serious about this and that is why I wonder if you are not experiencing the same problem. I could go to work as an electric fencer! No batteries required!
    But, it doesn't take anywhere near as much static as I have to kill your electronic devices and components. You might want to seriously ponder this anomaly with all your recent bad luck.

RADAR

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Kraven did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Kraven did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Kraven did! Be COOL like Kraven and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kraven2012
    @ ACW: maybe its time for a name change... Electro
    39" offset, 6ft BUD, Micro HD, Openbox s10, channel master 4228HD, CM7777 Preamp, Homemade Yagi

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! FaT Air did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, FaT Air did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, FaT Air did! Be COOL like FaT Air and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't vent the clothes dryer outside during winter. & with the mild winter the humidifier doesn't need refilling as often. But I also have one dead tele from having an accidental discharge to it from my finger. (tubes were immune, dang transistors)

One night I walked home very late and fell asleep in somebody's satellite dish.My dreams were showing up on TV's all over the world. -- Steven Wright
    Openbox S9, Pansat 3500SD, 139w to 55.5W +30W
    10Ft USS Steel BUD and an assortment of ChannelMaster dishes, (1)84e, (2).7m, (2)1.2m,(1)1.0M, (1)2.4m[8ft] offset in storage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123