Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mummybox gone....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Mummybox gone....

Well this sucks...got to use it for less than 6 hours

loaded mummybox channel into my roku and was watching it. Last night it wouldnt load so I removed the channel and tried to readd it. Got error of "downloaded but cant install"

Then I see this on the mummybox forum

It is a sad day for Mummybox channel on Roku for viewers and fans.
    You may be one of the loyal users trying to load Mummybox from your Roku and watch as NOTHING happens.
    Its not a problem with your Roku box or internet.

This past weekend, Tensen (the developer and operator of Mummybox) received official notice from Roku that the channel is to be suspended as of Monday 1-7-13.

I know many of you will ask why Mummybox was suspended.

Simply, the terms of the new developer agreement require even private channel developers to have a license for all content showed on the channel.

This means Tensen would have to get permission from all the channels on Mummybox to stream content.

This indeed is a sad day for Mummybox!

I'm sure Tensen would like to thank you all for your loyalty to the Mummybox channel.

bummer.....
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Teehar did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Teehar did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Teehar did! Be COOL like Teehar and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea that bites.Going to see a lot more of that as Roku moves to the mainstream (aka darkside).

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! juan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, juan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, juan did! Be COOL like juan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe it was HBO,BBC,Discovery channel,CBC...........

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! PopcornNMore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, PopcornNMore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, PopcornNMore did! Be COOL like PopcornNMore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed last night that "ABC Australia" got shutdown as well.

Dishes: 240cm (8') WS International Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Fortec Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Channel Master Dish, C-Band * 120cm (4') Channel Master Dish, SG2100 H-H, KU-Band * 36" X 26" Channel Master (StarBand) Dish, DBS * 18" Dish, DirecTV, DSS LNBF * Dish 1000+, Dish Network
    OTA Antennas: Terk TV-32 UHF Antenna, (Pittsburgh, PA locals) * Antennacraft MXU59 UHF Antenna, (Johnstown, PA locals)
    Receivers: VIP722 Dish Network * Coolsat 4000 Premium * Coolsat 6100 PVR * Openbox S9 HD PVR * Motorola DSR-410DS

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Teehar did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Teehar did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Teehar did! Be COOL like Teehar and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet private channels will drop like flies.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! The Fat Man did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, The Fat Man did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, The Fat Man did! Be COOL like The Fat Man and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    New England (Yes, All Six States at Once)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? I was watching it yesterday. I bet it was HBO Europe that did it in. As they have rights to movies that here in the States are separated between HBO, Showtime, and Starz. It would be like TMN or Movie Central being added to Mummybox. In a case like that, I see where they got shut down, but to limit our access to CBC is a damn disgrace.
    Juggling is for clowns, I just get (bleep) done. - The Fat Man

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast