Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO - Hopper .vs Genie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    oh I know...reminds me of Urlacher and his new "Crapcast" commercials
    They didn't even compair anything.

They showed a " Loading" circle on the Directv side that doesn't even exist. LOL
    They raced a fake Kangaroo Vs a Fake Genie. LOL!!! Wow, I'm sold. LOL!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

dfergie is online now Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    I never had a Hopper DVR but I will say I am impressed with the HR34's capabilities. It is a quick little device!
    I played with an HR34 today at my Brothers house, the first gen Hopper and the newer Hopper with Sling are faster plus Hopper with Sling has a bigger HDD plus if your HDD dies with the Genie any thing on a EHDD goes up in smoke I do have both providers and have actually had DIRECTV longer.
    SatelliteGuys working for you at CES 2014
    dfergie@SatelliteGuys.US For Breaking Satellite Industry News, Please Click Here

digiblur is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VIDEO - Hopper .vs Genie

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    exactly. For the person who watches very little network programming its real simple
    5 tuners will beat 3 tuners anyday of the week.
    Yep. We watch half and half pretty much. It would really be a fight if I downgraded from 9 tuners to 3. Plus the unified list between the dvrs means less IT questions at home.

I don't get the speed thing. I never wait on the HR34.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergie View Post
    I played with an HR34 today at my Brothers house, the first gen Hopper and the newer Hopper with Sling are faster plus Hopper with Sling has a bigger HDD plus if your HDD dies with the Genie any thing on a EHDD goes up in smoke I do have both providers and have actually had DIRECTV longer.
    Agreed. 3 Hoppers here, faster than HR34, 9 true DVR tuners, 3 times as much space as HR34, what's not to like? I also like how it still keeps the DVR lists separate (drop down list) as I prefer not having to wade through 3 DVRs of content at once.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner
    2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey 1.0 (all receivers can see each other)

1 ViP722k (separate account)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dtro77 View Post
    They didn't even compair anything.

They showed a " Loading" circle on the Directv side that doesn't even exist. LOL
    They raced a fake Kangaroo Vs a Fake Genie. LOL!!! Wow, I'm sold. LOL!
    I have a Hopper system but I have to agree with your analysis of what the video actually demostrated. LoL. Still I have 100+ movies, 400+ TV shows on my hopper all mostly in HD. Can the Genie hold that much?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dish didn't want to pee in their pool, which is why they made the cartoon.

Dish didn't do a side by side comparison of the Hopper and Genie because the Genie guide and channel changes are just as fast as the Hopper.

CES took place during day time hours, which at that time, the Hopper is only capable of recording 3 programs, ptat could not be done because of the time CES was going on. The Genie can record 5 programs all day long.

Dish couldn't do a 1H/3J comparison to a 1G/3C setup because it would of shown the limitations of a 1H/3J setup. It would shown how one of the Joeys would been stuck watching what the Hopper or another Joey was watching or be stuck watching a recorded program and no recording could happen without having a viewing conflict. A 1G/3C setup would of had the Genie and all three clients all watching different live programming and still have one more tuner free to record a 5th program.
    Last edited by cave1376; 01-15-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast