Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Directv 775

Post Thanks / Like

Directv 775

Getting problem communicating with dish 775 error, the troubleshoot that comes up on the screen is not helpful, both check out and it doesn't give me any other options. Not sure what else to check for this problem. There was a power loss, but the power has been turned back on, not sure if that makes a difference.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

raoul5788 is online now Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    to Satelliteguys!

A 775 error means you aren't communicating with the lnb. Check all of your connections, including the power inserter. If they look okay, then unplug everything, then plug in the power inserter first, then your receivers/dvrs one at a time until they boot up fully.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Post Thanks / Like
    Do all of my receivers need to be plugged in in order for this to work? I shut the power off to the ones we don't use regularly earlier today, could this be why I'm getting the error?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yeimi_byers View Post
    Getting problem communicating with dish 775 error, the troubleshoot that comes up on the screen is not helpful, both check out and it doesn't give me any other options. Not sure what else to check for this problem. There was a power loss, but the power has been turned back on, not sure if that makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by raoul5788 View Post
    to Satelliteguys!

A 775 error means you aren't communicating with the lnb. Check all of your connections, including the power inserter. If they look okay, then unplug everything, then plug in the power inserter first, then your receivers/dvrs one at a time until they boot up fully.
    Welcome to the Site !

Try what Chip mentioned and let us know.

I would concentrate on disconnecting the Power Inserter , unplug as well ...
    Unplugging the recvrs probably isn't necessary, but you probably will have to reset them regardless, (red button behind access door) AFTER you have done the work with the Power Inserter.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yeimi_byers View Post
    Do all of my receivers need to be plugged in in order for this to work? I shut the power off to the ones we don't use regularly earlier today, could this be why I'm getting the error?
    Shut power off to them, do you mean on the Electrical panel ?
    Using the on/off button on the recvrs really doesn't turn them off, just the front panel.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shut off, unplugged from the electrical outlet on the wall. Did I screw them all up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast