Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Verizon to Tack On RSN Fee to FiOS TV

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Verizon to Tack On RSN Fee to FiOS TV

With the cost of sports programming continuing to climb, Verizon Communications starting next month will begin charging new FiOS TV customers and those on month-to-month plans a $2.42 monthly fee for regional sports networks.

"Verizon has chosen a fee of $2.42 per month (as opposed to increased TV package charges) to address the skyrocketing incremental sports content costs associated with this popular programming," spokeswoman Heather Wilner said in an email.

The fee will first take effect for FiOS TV customers in California, Texas and Florida in February, and in all remaining states in March except Maryland and Virginia, where the fee will go into effect in April.

http://www.multichannel.com/telco-tv...fios-tv/141384

FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! whitewolf8214 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, whitewolf8214 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, whitewolf8214 did! Be COOL like whitewolf8214 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They will be the 1st to try it and see how it goes and if it don't work no one else will do it and if it does look out and if they all start doing we should all cancel it and go online or other places to watch it imo

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ummm...Directv already does it in NY & LA so they might be the "first"

And there are packages that dont include sports. Dish has them, Directv has them, even my local Crapcast has them and they do cost less.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    ummm...Directv already does it in NY & LA so they might be the "first"
    Yes, DirecTv does this for NY sports. I'm looking at switching to DirecTv to get Sabres games on MSG since DISH doesn't appear to want MSG back (even after the AMC/Cablevision settlement) and I lost MSG via the QAM tuner and TWC. It's $3 extra a month and covers MSG, YES and SNY.

I would gladly pay $3 extra a month on DISH to get MSG.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like the start of more price hikes, however you describe them. Glad I didn't switch to FiOS. Looks like the savings will disappear.

Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)