Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Please Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have verizon DSL and a netgear WNR2000. I tried to directly connect the verizon modem to the receiver. Same connection errors. It finds an IP address, DCHP = ok, but internet and server connections fail. I am so bummed! I should also mention that this is my second receiver. The first one needed rebooted every morning because it would lose the signal and could not reconnect unless I reset the receiver. The new receiver has not needed rebooted yet.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like

Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky86 View Post
    By the way, I'm just curious, but who is your ISP and what model modem/router?
    He has verizon DSL, he did mention that early on. The westel 6100 is Verizon's basic dsl modem works really well, but you really need a good quality router I like the wrt54gs flashed with dd-wrt. Found this to be very stable for our needs. For those that don't know this is a wireless router that also has 4 Ethernet ports.
    Based on what I have read here Dish needs to retire the 922. Sure some folks got lucky and have had no problems but it seems to me the lucky ones are truly the exception.

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    I have verizon DSL and a netgear WNR2000. I tried to directly connect the verizon modem to the receiver. Same connection errors. It finds an IP address, DCHP = ok, but internet and server connections fail. I am so bummed! I should also mention that this is my second receiver. The first one needed rebooted every morning because it would lose the signal and could not reconnect unless I reset the receiver. The new receiver has not needed rebooted yet.
    Just out of curiosity, when you look at the network set up page on th e922 do you have external ip addresses in the primary and secondary DNS lines. I have verizon, my primary starts with 71 and secondary 68.

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    My IP and primary DNS start with 172. Secondary DNS is all 0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick follow up note to say that I purchased a NETGEA WNDR3700 and now it connects fine.
    Thank you everyone for your help on this matter!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234