Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Today was a LUCKY day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if this should be a new thread or a continuation of this one.

Here goes, got a new dish pole for the 1M free dish...As mentioned earlier on this thread, I am still having problems with the dish/motor setup for pointing and receiving any signal from any satellite(s).

The dish elevation bracket and degrees indicator are clearly marked but cannot get to pinpoint or locate any satellites.

After installing the dish on the perfectly plumbed pole, LOL!!. I use two instruments, a "Digital Angle Gauge" and a "Pitch and Slope Locator" fancy word for an angle indicator while pointing to Galaxy 28 89.00W......Here is what was noticed, placing the instruments on the back of the dish at the LNBF arm holder as well next to the LNBF ( both sides of the "J" curve) , the edge of the dish elevation indicator falls at the 60 degrees mark on the bracket while reading the required elevation setting of 54.70 degrees on both instruments as per dispointer and SatelliteAV install location, for my area.

Why doesn't the bracket elevation numbers match the instruments elevation angle readings....Are the dish elevation bracket stamped marking wrong and way of by as much of 3+ degrees?

Any advice or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

avenger.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    After 3 days of bad weather finally had the time to work on the dish...Did determined that the markings on the dish elevation bracket was/is off by more than 5. After much time spent in trying to locate any satellites, finally am able to watch channels.

Today I also found out that the dish motor is not powerful enough to move or bring the 1M dish back from 129W, had to give it a helping hand to move away from it. I am in great need of a better and much stronger motor. So as it is now I am limited to view satellites from 78W to about 123W without straining the motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange... Those commercial dishes usually have elevation scales that are dead-on accurate.

Is the motor elevation set correctly at latitude 30?
    Current systems: 3X GEOSATpro microHD PVRs; Digitrans DTE-7150 DVB/Digicipher II; SiliconDust HDHomeRun ATSC/QAM networked tuners; fixed 1 meter Channel Master dish with Eagle Aspen P870 FSS stacked Ku LNB; 2X 3ABN 36" dishes with Sadoun KBSL1 stacked Ku LNBFs on Powermax SG-9120B H-H motors; fixed Sadoun SD180G 1.8 meter dish with Eagle Aspen B1SAT stacked C LNBF; Winegard Square Shooter OTA DTV antenna

ke4est is online now Long Live FTA
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is very strange.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ke4est View Post
    That is very strange.

Tron and ke4est

I knew, that I should have started a new thread.

This problem in not on the commercial dish, but the one that was given to me by my ex-coworker, the dish that came with the geosatpro GS120 motor and the invacom QPH-031 LNBF.

The commercial dish is on the NPRM, pointed to 125W (AMC 21) using the PLL Ku LNBF that came with it and doing just fine.

stogie5150 was very helpful in showing me how the original LNBF worked, he even gave me an extra or spare LNBF. Thank you stogie5150.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456