Results 1 to 6 of 116
02-07-2013 01:17 PM #1
Question... Now that you have had your Hopper
Since it has been about a year since the Hopper has been out, I was wondering your thoughts on it and would like to get the feedback from our members on how its been and also see what you might like to see in the future.
So if you would be so kind would you please answer the following questions honestly... (And please I wish for people only to answer the questions, I dont want it to turn into a big discussion... I just want your honest thoughts...
1. What are your favorite features on the Hopper/Joey?
2. What has been your biggest issues with the Hopper/Joey? (If you had install issues you can note them here as well.)
3. Besides upgrading to a new Hopper with Sling, have you had your Hopper/Joey replaced or had a service call placed? If you have what was the issue and how was it fixed?
4. If you could change or add just ONE feature on the Hopper what would it be and why?
Thanks for your feedback! Please remember this thread is for people with Hoppers/Joey setup to answer the above questions... this is NOT a discussion thread.Scott
02-07-2013 01:17 PM # ADSRegister Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
02-07-2013 01:33 PM #2
I have had the Hopper system since day one. I have two Hoppers and 4 Joeys.
1) HD ability in every room in the house is by far the best part of the system to me.
2) No major issues.
4) I need more than the three tuners (which is why I have 2 Hoppers), but even though I have two Hoppers they act as separate systems. I would like to see ways to add tuners to the base 3 tuner system but have them act as one integrated system without any manual manipulation from me.
02-07-2013 01:40 PM #3
1) Overall speed of the DVR is impressive. Another positive is the large number of tuners we have in our household with two hoppers. Plus HD in every room in that we want.
2) Biggest Issues: Management of recordings on the DVR and overall navigation of the menus is fairly crude. Needs an overhaul for simplicity.
3) Had one hopper replaced very early on in April 2012 for software issues, but nothing ever since.
4) The way the DVR recordings are managed is my biggest annoyance when dealing with hundreds of recordings. (link).
02-07-2013 01:55 PM #4
1. My most favorite feature, and the main reason for going with Hopper/Joey in the first place, is the whole-house DVR with HD capability in every room. Besides that, the bigger hard drive was a welcome upgrade; the Prime-Time-Any-Time feature has really changed the way I watch networks; the Auto-Hop feature is nice too, but it is somewhat overrated.
2. My big initial issue was the lack of the OTA tuner. This was later corrected with a USB OTA tuner add-on.
3. No complaints so far.
4. The feature I would add: the capability to record the entire transponder at once (like PTAT) for channels other than the local networks.
Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuysIlya @ SatelliteGuys.us
02-07-2013 02:04 PM #5
1) I love being able to view recordings on both Hoppers. The HD in every room is great too. The Hard Drive space is a bonus too.
2) No major issues...there is a bug or two here or there but nothing to really upset me or regret getting the Hopper/Joey
3) No replacement (fingers crossed) and no service call
4) When creating folders you create the folder, but after that they dont have the picture art with it...plus i would like the option to pick channels on a transponder like PTAT works...and record a slate of channels...I have noticed that the speed has been slowed down some since Day 1 of the Hopper...would like the speed to be up a little more like it was in the beginning...it was very fast
Overall I love the Hopper and don't regret switching...Can't wait to see what else they have in store for the Hopper
02-07-2013 02:44 PM #6Member of the Year
1) Favorite feature is probably PTAT. Coupled with auto hop, it is fantastic, but even as a stand alone feature it gets more use than any other on the DVR at our house. Many other features that I am fond of, but this is the main one that is new coming from D*, and we enjoy it.
2) Only issue I can think of was it took a while for the initial software to download when it was installed. Other than that, I really dont or have not had any.
3) No replacements. I added an additional hopper, but both it and the original are running strong.
4) Some will say tuners, but personally, if you need more, I would say go the 2 hopper route. You get an easy way to add more tuners, and it adds a level of redundancy. I just would not like all of my tv to be tied to a single box should it fail. That said, I would like to see a little more integration between the two hoppers. It works fine as is, I can watch from either in any room, ect, but if you could set a timer for either box FROM either box, that would be perfect.
Edit to 4) Being able to play all the recordings in the folder for a particular show would be nice. For instance, if I want to put on Dora for my daughter, it would be convenient for it to go directly to the one after without us having to do it. That is one thing I miss from D*
Overall, again, I am pleased and do not regret the swap. Does not mean I wont give D* a look when my contract is up, but if I do go back, I know that I will miss the Hopper in comparison to the HR based D* boxes.