Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated Hopper/Joey problems. Known issue UNUSABLE

Post Thanks / Like

Frustrated Hopper/Joey problems. Known issue UNUSABLE

The unlinking problem with my two Joeys makes it impossible to watch anything on the Joeys. Every 5 minutes something goes blank, or message 1303. Seems DISH could send the common things to try: A new SOlO NODE, A HOPPER. One Joey. SOMETHING. Even new software that some others have had for more than a week. The OTA module has a early implimtation of the ATSC standard as the ATSC standard addressed multipate 5 years ago and this module is very poor in multipath rejection. My 5 yr old HDTV handles all OTA fine. Take the very same cable and plug it into the OTA Module and pixelation galore. Plug it into any of my other 3 HDTV's and they work fine. One being a STB. Almost ready to jump ship even with my (2 year - time served) being early in that number. If the hopper by itself didn't work, I would be gone. As it is I wonder if there is a class action going on.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: #xbox4life
    Did you swap joeys or are they both doing that now? Nothing has been replaced yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Both are doing it. And I did sap them. They are back in orig positions, now, though and the linking is worse every day. The current joey position in my office is stuck on 1303 for over 20 minutes.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Erick View Post
    Both are doing it. And I did sap them. They are back in orig positions, now, though and the linking is worse every day. The current joey position in my office is stuck on 1303 for over 20 minutes.
    I would replace the hopper and have a tech check all the cabling, that is a big problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is weird. While the linking message 1303 is up, I can change channels and for sirius, listen to my hearts content. For other dish channels, the message is in the middle of the screen. It is saying it can't link but it obviously has a link over MOCA or it would not be able to do these things. Sounds like a conditional statement is answering false when it shoudl not. Software for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

I have an HWS with s303 and no issues like that. It may be software but because no one else is reporting this type of an issue on the same sw label, it sounds like something specific to your installation. Since they are linking over moca, maybe there is an issue with the cabling and that path .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast