Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

        

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 6 of 121

Thread: HR34 vs. HR44

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 15th, 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    636
    Post Thanks / Like

    HR34 vs. HR44

    My neighbor is now having a new Genie installed (2-22-2012, 12 noon). Since I am also thinking about switching from "E" to "D" I started asking the installer some questions. I asked which DVR he was installing and he said the HR34. When I told him I was interested in switching to the Genie set up he suggested that I wait a week when they will begin installing the HR44 exclusively. When I asked why he said that the HR34 is being phased out and will no longer be serviced. Not sure what he meant by that but it sure sounds like the HR44 is the future for "D". By no longer being serviced I assume he meant that HR34 replacements will not be stocked and if one needs to be replaced it will be replaced with a HR44.


  2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

    Reigster at SatelliteGuys
     
  3. #2
    raoul5788's Avatar
    raoul5788 is offline Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

    Proud Staff Member
    Join Date
    Dec 28th, 2004
    Location
    Cheshire CT
    Posts
    15,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard here that the HR44 was going into service in late April. If it's sooner, that's good news. I'm sure there are plenty of HR34s in stock, still to be distributed.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 18th, 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inazsully View Post
    My neighbor is now having a new Genie installed (2-22-2012, 12 noon). Since I am also thinking about switching from "E" to "D" I started asking the installer some questions. I asked which DVR he was installing and he said the HR34. When I told him I was interested in switching to the Genie set up he suggested that I wait a week when they will begin installing the HR44 exclusively. When I asked why he said that the HR34 is being phased out and will no longer be serviced. Not sure what he meant by that but it sure sounds like the HR44 is the future for "D". By no longer being serviced I assume he meant that HR34 replacements will not be stocked and if one needs to be replaced it will be replaced with a HR44.
    Yes it's late April, not a week. The 34 will still be used and both the 34 and 44 will carry the title of HMC and Genie. If you have a 34 that needs replaced you may get another 34 or a 44. The 34 will still be used and they're not doing away with them anytime soon. From what we're being told the 44 will only be used if getting a line to a client will be an issue

  5. #4
    raoul5788's Avatar
    raoul5788 is offline Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

    Proud Staff Member
    Join Date
    Dec 28th, 2004
    Location
    Cheshire CT
    Posts
    15,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch1814 View Post
    Yes it's late April, not a week. The 34 will still be used and both the 34 and 44 will carry the title of HMC and Genie. If you have a 34 that needs replaced you may get another 34 or a 44. The 34 will still be used and they're not doing away with them anytime soon. From what we're being told the 44 will only be used if getting a line to a client will be an issue
    Are you saying the wireless part of the HR44 is from the dvr to the client? I thought it was for the network connection.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

  6. #5
    Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! andrewj0781 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, andrewj0781 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, andrewj0781 did! Be COOL like andrewj0781 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Join Date
    Feb 28th, 2009
    Location
    Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: andrewj0781
    Quote Originally Posted by raoul5788 View Post

    Are you saying the wireless part of the HR44 is from the dvr to the client? I thought it was for the network connection.
    That's what installers are saying. When I had a tech come out he says the 44 will be a faster install job since they don't have to run cable to each room. Then some people here said that's not the case.

    The installer said they just had a meeting about it so I'm not sure who to believe. I guess in time well find out.

    Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys
    Directv Customer 2011 - Present:
    • PREMIER
    • HD
    • HD Extra Pack
    • Whole Home DVR
    • Fox Soccer Plus, NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass
    • Protection Plan Premier with ADH

    (1- HR34/700, 1 - HR24/100, 1 - H24/700, 1 - H24/200, & 1 - H24/100)

    SiriusXM Customer 2006 - Present
    :

    • XM Select

    (XM XpressRCi)

    If you make this your home for Satellite news and more become a Pub Member to keep this place running. Go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php and Sign Up Now!


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 18th, 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    The HR44 will be able to wirelessly stream content to a C41. No cables except the 1 to the HR44. It's a huge ordeal because directv doesn't want to pay installers to install the C41's due to not having to run cable, they want techs to install a 4 box and only pay them for a 1 box

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •